Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Untreated kidney disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Untreated kidney disease

I am a 22 year old female. Last week I got results from a blood and urine test that indicated stage 2 kidney damage. I have chosen not to receive any treatment, for many reasons, including that I do not want my family to know. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of life expectancy for kidney disease when left untreated and how quickly the disease is likely to progress. Many thanks!
On June 1st, I found out I was in stage 5 renal failure. I found out, after going to the doctor to find out why I was so sick. I had extreme fatigue, slept constantly, had no appetite, was weak and numb all over, could not concentrate or remember anything, so My guess is, if you have the same symptoms I did, (which are common with kidney failure) you won't be able to keep it a secret when you reach stage 5 and you will probably be glad to go on dialysis by then. To answer you're question, It took me 5 years to get to stage 5, so you can probable live that long anyway. One of the problems is, kidney failure affects your blood pressure, so you might just have a stroke. I was in I.C.U. for a week because my blood pressure was so high, they thought I might stroke out. I realize it's your decision, but I suggest you might be better off getting treatment. "just my opinion" :-)  It's a nasty way to go.
I am 85 years of age and at stage three, moderate. I have an appt. with my nephrologist after a period of six months or more.my creatinen level six months ago was 1.4. I experience significant fatigue and shortness of breath upon exerting energyI am prescribed Coreg due to a sinus rythim problem. I am prescribed Narvasc 10 mg daily for high bp. In addition I am prescribed diovan 60 mg. at bed.time. This med was prescribed five years ago for high bp.It changes the tension in the arteries from tension 1 to tension 2.It relaxes the arteries  in lower abdomen in creasing the flow of blood to the kidneys.this med  might lower the bp.