Uretral Stent Removal Unsuccessful
My previous doctor inserted a stent from my kidney to the bladder. Then hematoma came. I was operated with a different doctor to remove the blood around it causing me pain. But the stent is still there. After 7 months since my operation, my second doctor attempted to remove my stent 'cause it's already due or overdue but it was unsuccessful. The stent broke on the bladder part because it's very hard to pull. He said maybe some stones formed and sticked to the stent causing it not to slip away or stuck. What he did now was he did a lythotripsy hoping to break whatever is holding the stent and attempt to remove it next week. If still unsuccessful, another operation will be done in order to take the stent off.

My question is, do you think it's the right thing he did or will do? Please help me. He didn't experience any of these with his previous patients and he's already senior urologist to where I live.
Send me a private-message if you're still around, and I'll tell you what they did for me when my stent broke, and what the cause was. EL_EM_EN_OH