comple kidney cyst and pain and nausea
Told 3 years ago after being in pain that i had a simple cyst-now been told 3 years later it was 4cm then and not simple but complex and is now 5cm. now waking up drenched in sweat and feeling sick with the pain in side. So worked that it is something nasty-maybe was 3 years ago even-waiting to go for ct scan next week. anyone else had these symptoms and been ok.
Nigela x
wondering how determined now not simple??? ie have you had other scans?  not sure about sweats and nausea but can tell you they are definately not symptoms of kidney disease, could be nfection though if have pain also. have you had a urine test to check for a uti?
It's hard, but try not to panic.  That you are being tested fairly regulary is perfect behaviour on your part, and keep that up to monitor that cyst along with other areas of your abdominal cavity. (Keeping renal and ovarian or uterine cancers in mine).  

My mom did not have prescreening and was sick a very long time before anyone knew she was sick at all.  Long story short, they removed a tumor the size of a very large grapefruit, along with one kidney.  

For her, a previous smoker, recovery got a little dicey for about 30 days.  The surgery was a risk- otherwise she had 6 months to live.  Difficult to even find a surgeon willing to go in.  

Today she is so healthy again, and it's a joy having her around.  She will be screened every 6 months from now on.  

Turns out that many of these things are benign, and a close watch should indicate when they turn malignant, if ever.  So, you're not in as much trouble as you think, and on the right track.  My uneducated suggestion- screen every 6 months or more if possible.  

Here's a good page on symptoms. http://lifeoptions.org/kidneyinfo/ckdinfo.php?page=4

And here's my "Walk Page" for the NKF walk in Ft. Worth this month- you around the area?
helps me, helps you, helps everyone! http://ow.ly/9om8k
(copy/paste)
Hi thanks both for your replies.
had an ultra sound that showed the difference.Got dye ct scan this week. yikes. In Uk.where are you/
Nigela x
HI I am from Australia
Oh right. My Aunt and cousins live in Brisbane!
Nigela x
Had test but now have to wait till tues for results!
nigela x
Had results of CT now told its a one not a grade two! so good news-but strange the ultra sound showed it up to be worse! Told it can be left-would rather it was rechecked in time tho as want to know if its grown!
Nigela x
well that is good news, I agree that it should be checked though, to make sure it doesnt get worse!!!! would be owrrying otherwise
I guess all the pain must be due to the fibroids instead! you can't win!
Nigela x
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The cyst needs constant monitoring to see for changes in size or structure. Also, this is correlated with kidney function tests.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Was told no need to monitor it which worried me as you say -what if it gets bigger!
Nigela x