duplex kidney
I have just been diagnosed with a left duplex kidney, after 2 years of having recurrent urinary tract infections. I have been prescribed with long term antibiotics. i was told that i have 2 ureters, which become one, before entering the bladder. I have pain on the  left side, if dont go to pass water, when i need to. the pain gets worse. are their any more tests that need to be done?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have duplex kidneys and ureters on both sides and I've been off and on antibiotics since I was three years old (I'm 28 now). If the antibiotics take care of the problem for you, and you're not in any pain anymore, it can be a nice non-invasive "fix", instead of going under the knife. But as for me, I'm tired of taking antibiotics for the rest of my life, and I want to opt for surgery. I'm going to see a urologist next week to look into it.
Right now I'm on Septra and it takes care of all my symptoms nicely, but I remember when I was younger my only indication that I needed to pee was pain. I didn't get the plain old "full bladder" feeling, nope, it would just hurt and I'd know I needed to empty my bladder. So I know what you're talking about.
I hope your infections clear up soon and good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources