Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
duplex kidneys
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

duplex kidneys

hello

since been a child i have had problems with my kidneys and had alot off urine infections, about a year ago i got scanned and they said i had duplex kidney on one side only, for the last 2month i have been in constant pain they sent me to physio and gave me acupuncher which did not ease the pain they have also tried me on lots off different medication for pain releif i.e diazipam and tramadol. now i am taking diclofenac sodium 50mg and parasetomol 500mg. i was admitted into hospital this week i had a x-ray and a CT scan the docters say they was clear apart from i now have duplex kidneys on both sides but they say this can not be causing my pain. could this be correct as nothing else showed on either scans...so too me the only possible answer is my duplex kidneys!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its unlikely that the pain could be due to duplex kidneys. This can be of complete or incomplete types. People with the complete duplex systems are more prone for urinary tract infections. A urine culture can help determine an urinary infection and if there is recurrence of infections, surgical intervention may be needed.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank