kidney spasms
I have been having kidney spasms for the past 4 months...the pain can stop me in my tracks.my doc just did an ultra scan but no results yet.conforting to know other people are experiencing the same issue.

Who gave this diagnosis of kidney spasms?

Were there any significant findings in your ultrasound that may suggest the presence of a stone or narrowing of the ureters?

When you say kidney spasm, where is the pain located?

This term kidney spasm has to be defined. As stones or a sudden obstruction of the ureters may actually cause spasms. I suggest that you have a urinalysis done just to see if there are any findings that may suggest an underlying infection or stone .
As the other poster said, kidney spasms may be indicative of a kidney stone. It would be a good idea to get a CT scan of your kidneys if the ultrasound does not show anything. The CT will also be able to allow the doctor to make an appropriate diagnosis. For example, if you have MSK, that would be diagnosed from a CT scan result. Additionally, a urinalysis is always a good first step towards checking for infections and other various problems. Good Luck