Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
lot of fluids - little urination
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lot of fluids - little urination

I am a 48 year old female, with hypertension and type II diabetes (both well controlled by medication).  I have no significant kidney disease that I know of at this point, but I am puzzled by something.  I can drink a lot of diet sodas and/or iced tea without having to urinate much at all.  For instance, when dining out a lunch, I commonly have my tea glass filled 3-4 times and then take a to-go cup with me, also.  My urination does not increase in the afternoon at all.  In fact, the only thing that really DOES increase my urine output is drinking water.  (I drink a large cup of water first thing in the morning with my meds and I only drink water from mid afternoon on.)  I have begun to realize that I drink a lot more than other folks in general, too, although I do not have a problem with fluid retention.  I am not very active, as I am limited by an unrelated neurological disorder (generalized dystonia).  

Thoughts?
Ramona