Elevavted WBC
I recently learned that my wbc was 12,080.  I was given antibiotics to lower it.  It did not work.  My wbc is now 15,000.  I have no symptoms of illness.  I would love to know if anyone has any ideas of what could cause this.
Hi cruben,

How are you? Have you checked your wbc recently?

An elevated number of white blood cells are called leukocytosis. This can result from bacterial infections, inflammation, leukemia, trauma, intense exercise, or stress. Counts that continue to rise or fall to abnormal levels indicate that the condition is getting worse. Counts that return to normal may indicate improvement. It’s best to visit your doctor and have your blood tested again to check for your wbc count.

Take care and regards.

I just got a copy of my most recent blood work results and am a little concerned.  

White Blood Cell Count 11.0
Red Blood Cell Count 5.73
Hemoglobin 16.0
Hematocrit 48.0
RDW 15.2
Absolute Neutrophils 8382

My doctor reviewed the two previous blood test done earlier in the year which also indicated these numbers were high at the time and have continued to increase over the last 6 months.  Beyond telling me the numbers are continuing to increase he offered no other explanation.  What do these increasing raising number mean??????

Needing to Know,But Scared to Find Out