Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Is this Lymphoma?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this Lymphoma?

I've been progressively getting more fatigued, experiencing mid-back pain, have high protein levels (gammaglobulins, beta-2) and recent CT scans show enlarged lymph nodes in neck and chest as well as two small nodules in one lung.  A repeat CT scan showed a slight increase in size in the two lung nodules.  I also have Sjogren's and am told I am at a higher risk for developing lymphoma because of that.  Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks very much.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.
What are your other symptoms?
Do you have fever, chills, sweating, or weight loss?  These are just some of the symptoms a patient with lymphoma is experiencing.  
Your symptoms are non-specific and can be caused by other disease conditions.  In order to have a more definite diagnosis, a biopsy of the most accessible lymph node may be needed.  
Good luck.
Blank
I understand lymphoma is associated with night sweats.  Typically, I have always been cold at night - for years.  Over the past few months, however, I wake up almost nightly because I am all sweaty.  Mostly in my neck, chest and underarms.  This never happened before.  I'm concerned that this could be "night sweats."  Could someone clarify what that is?  

I get chills at times, but attribute that to winter.  I don't think I have a fever, but at times feel a total malaise and just want to get in bed.

The one thing I wish I had was weight loss, but I haven't lost any weight.

Is it possible to have some symptoms, but not all?
Blank
Hi.
“B” symptoms of lymphoma include fever, weight loss, sweating, and itchiness.  A patient with lymphoma may or may not experience any of these symptoms.  
I suggest that you undergo biopsy of the lymph node.  This will help in determining the cause of your enlarged lymph nodes.
Blank
How can they pick a certain lymph node to biopsy?  Will they all have cancer, if there is cancer?  How will they do it?
Blank
Hi.
If you are asking which lymph node to biopsy, I’m afraid there really isn’t any rule for that.  Most of the surgeons would biopsy the lymph node based on the characteristic.  Biopsy can be done through aspiration, core needle, incision, or excision.   There is likely a high yield when enough tissues are sampled.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank