Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymph nodes enlarged ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Lymph nodes enlarged ?

For around 2 years now, I have been able to feel lymph nodes in my groin and under the right side of my jaw. There is one pea sized node on each side of the groin. There are two under the right side of my jaw, both the size of a bean. None of these are painful. They move around when I press on them. I have no other symptoms. I was told by a nurse that this is normal. I would like a few other opinions.

Thank you

Marcy
Hi.
Did you notice any change in the character or the groin lymph nodes and the lymph nodes under your jaw?  Did it increase or decrease in size?
Enlargement of lymph nodes is commonly caused by infection.  Infection in the genitourinary tract can cause enlargement of the groin lymph nodes.  Head and neck infection can cause enlargement of the neck lymph nodes.  Most of the time, even with treatment of infection, these lymph nodes remain enlarged.  Recurrent infection can cause progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes.  
Other causes of enlarged lymph nodes include lymphomas and metastatic carcinomas.
You may continue observing for any change in the lymph node character.  Should there be any change, or any symptoms experienced, consult your doctor immediately.  
Good luck.
Well they have never changed in size at all. The ones under the right side of my jaw are bean sized. The groin ones are pea sized. They have never been painful either. I was physically examined by a doctor around a year and a half ago, and he said not to worry. Also, a nurse told me not to worry when I described the lymph nodes to her. I just need some more reassurance.
Hi.
I agree with your doctor.  
Please continue to observe your lymph nodes for any changes and report to your doctor any changes observed.  
Do not worry too much.  Relax.
Well I was physically examined again. The doctor told me that the glands are normal, and do not feel swollen.
it's been years that i palpated my lymph node (submandibular lymph node) and up to now, i still can palpate it. it "never" change in size for the past years. still about 1cm to half an inch in size. my ENT doctors told me that this size is normal and i should not worry but i'm just wondering why other NORMAL people doesn't have it (this kind of palpable lymph node with size like mine)or i mean i cannot palpate their lymph nodes like mine. and it's been years.. i'm just wondering if this is normal, why do other normal people don't have it? when i had my ultrasound of the neck, they noticed the lymph nodes but it's size is something not to worry bout they said. i can only palpate 1 half-inch size lymph node but in the ultrasound, it's about 5-6 lymph nodes with about half an inch in size to so the doctors doesn't pay attention to it. i need further explanation bout this situation. is it really something not to worry about?? a Normal one that not all normal people have?