Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Meaning of high lymphocyte count???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Meaning of high lymphocyte count???

I got my lab results back and my WBC's all came back on the lower end of the "normal" range but my lymphocyte count was at 41.4% (normal lab is 20%-40%) What does this mean?? I don't think it's a viral infection because I have felt fine (no fever, etc).  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Bib8,

How are you? High lymphocyte count or lymphocytosis is an abnormal increase in the number of lymphocytes. Common causes include viral and bacterial infections. Lymphocytosis typically causes no symptoms and is often discovered incidentally. A marked increase in lymphocytes may indicate a more serious condition, such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In your case, it is just 1% higher than the normal value.

I hope this helps. Take care and regards.
Blank
My result for netrophil is 43 ,while the normal range is 55-65, and my lymphocytes is 51  wc the normal range is 35-45..what does it mean??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...