Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Not responsive after surgery will he wake up?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

My boyfriend went to the hospital last tuesday the 19th of may because he was having problems breathing- they found out he has a cancerous tumor by his air passage- they went in friday the 22nd of may for surgery to get a biopsy- but as of now they are thinking its a lymphoma cancer- today it is wednesday May 27- and he has yet to wake up since the surgery.. his face and arms were swollen but his legs were regular size- he has a breathing tube in, he is completely sedated... they try at least once a day to wake him up, and they turn the med. off but its a no go every time. he opened his eyes last night but other than that nothing.. im dont understand why they have him sedated for... he shouldn't be in any pain the only thing i could think of  is they have him sedated because of the breathing tube ...   they did a cat scan yesterday that showed he had very little fat cells? They did another cat scan today that showed swelling of the brain, which I dont understand why... the surgery was in his chest and shouldn't have any affect on his brain. unless something went wrong during surgery,maybe a blood clot?. The thing is im not sure why they havent done an e.e.g to see if his brain is having any activity at all.. because im beginning to think he might be brain dead?..

basically Im worried if maybe the doctors aren't telling me the truth or at least the whole truth. With the way I'm describing things what do you think could be going on?
Hi:  I just saw your post, and I cannot comment on this at all.  The only thing I can tell you is that they will not tell a girlfriend anything.  They will only talk to a blood relative.
Where is the rest of his family?  Maybe by now, you have found something out.
     I pray its not anything serious that they cannot take care of.  Please post again, if you need to talk to somebody.
    God Bless You Both
the doctor told me everything he coded during surgery for the biopsy- they got his heart beating again- but still he never woke up for about two weeks he was having major brain swelling and very low brain activity, and then on june 10th they found out he had no brain activity, so he was brain dead.. they also found out that he had stage 4 lymphoma..  at 20 years old and it being stage four blows my mind.. but he is in a better place now living pain free..