Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Swollen Inguinal Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Swollen Inguinal Nodes

I believe I have swollen lymph nodes on either side of my groin, in the inguinal area.  They are also tender to the touch.  I was wondering what might cause it.  I just got a tattoo on my lower back 24 hours ago, might that cause it?  Could a bladder infection be the cause?  (I've noticed my urine smells a bit funny...)  Thank you!
Hi.
The swollen lymph nodes in your inguinal area could be caused by any of the following conditions you mentioned.  Most of the time, genitourinary tract infections can cause swelling of the inguinal lymph nodes.
It would be best to have yourself seen by your doctor for proper evaluation and management.
Good luck.
my friend has non tender inguinal and axillary lymph node. he said that test has been done about five to six years ago. all came out negative but now they have re-occured. and they are getting bigger and harder but no pain is experienced.. can you please advise me because i am sooo scard for him
Hi.
Does your friend have symptoms now?  Are the lymph nodes also located in the inguinal and axillary areas just like in the previous years?
I would suggest that he seek consult with his doctor for further evaluation and management.  There are many disease conditions that can bring about swelling of the lymph nodes in the axillary and inguinal areas.  Examples would be infections, lymphomas, and metastatic carcinomas.  A biopsy of one of the lymph nodes may be needed to have a more definite diagnosis.
Good luck to your friend.