Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
please advise
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

please advise

my daughter has a high lymphocyte count i yhink its 35 to 40 what does this mean
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
277836_tn?1359669774
please advise she will be getting an xray of the spleen thursday i may have the count wrong im not sure she is only 11 tears old
Blank
Hi.
What exactly was the complete blood count and differential count result?
A 35-40% lymphocyte count is still within normal range.
Lymphocytes respond to immune challenges.  If there is a viral infection, the lymphocyte count increases.  
There may not be much information that can be gathered from an xray of the spleen.  An ultrasound is preferable and will detect any splenic enlargement.  
Please do give updates.
Good luck.
Blank
277836_tn?1359669774
you are correct it is an ultrasound i know it was high enough to throw up a red flag to her dr i took her in for routine blood work and she though further testing was needed she does not seem to be sick at all she has been diagnosed with pdsd and an eating disorder unspecified hope this helps i am not sure on the count i could be wrong on that but i am worried
Blank
Hi.
Did your daughter's doctor mention his considerations for the abnormality in her blood counts?
It would be best to wait for the ultrasound result.
For the meantime, you should try to relax and not to worry too much.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...