Lung Cancer Community
CT Scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

CT Scan

I just went for a CT scan because of swelling under my right ear lobe.  The findings came back as:

1. Enlarged bilateral cervical lymph nodes most prominent within the bilateral jugular chains largest measuring 2.2cm left level 2 and 1.7cm right level 2.  Findings are nonspecific.  Clinical correlation is recommended.

2. Multiple pulmonary nodules within the visualized lungs measuring 8mm and 4mm in the superior segment of the right lower lobe and 5mm within the superior segment of the left lower lobe.

Now I'm afraid I might have lung cancer.  Is there anyone who had similar findings.
what did the doctor tell you about how the nodules looked on CT?  sometimes the way they look tells them something about what to think about them.
Hi.
I understand the anxiety and the need to find someone who could give a reply, that this is not what you think it is.
The best way to settle the issue (and allay your fears)  though, is to undergo a biopsy. If the swelling you report is under the right ear lobe - I think the risks of a biopsy at this site are fairly low.
For lung cancer, it is not typical to spread beyond the shoulders. The presence of swelling (which I assume are lymph nodes) below the ear seems too high for a lung cancer. What needs to be ruled out would be lymphoma or a cancer originating in the head (mouth, throat, etc). Discuss these with your doctor - lymphoma generally requires a larger amount of tissue during the biopsy.
Stay positive.