Lung Scar
I have a lung scar which I got when im still young due to brochitis. The scar just looks like a dot when seen in my x-ray. Can the mark or scar still be removed because that hinders me from applying work abroad? I was rejected because of that lung scar the last time I applied in Taiwan (year 2001) and now I want to apply as an accountant in Dubai and the agency staff told us in our orientation that 90% of the countries abroad dont accept applicants with lung scar? Can you give me an advise on how to solve my problem so I can achieve my dream of working abroad?
Hi. You can probably have that "scar" surgically removed, if you're really intent on working abroad. But the procedure is not without possible side effects/ complications. For one, it may leave a surgical scar on your chest, which may not be pleasant to look at.  Another thing: removal of that scar will also reduce your lung volume (as part of the lung will also be excised). If your lungs are not healthy to begin with, any reduction in volume could have an effect on its function.  So, discuss things thoroughly with your doctor before having any procedure done.
You should consult your physician and ask him to refer you to a chest specialist or pulmonologist. In all such cases, the normal protocol is that the chest physician runs you through some tests including a blood work up, chest x rays, CT  and bronchoscopy maybe. The chest physician then certifies that all the tests were done and were negative for any infective pathology. This can then be discussed with the authorities and clearance got. If this doesnt work out then only consider surgical removal of the scar tissue.