Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic respiratory infections
Hi all. I'm 27 yrs old and about 6 months ago I was diagnosed with a lupus like autoimmune disease.  My pain symptoms are terrible joint pain hair loss and extreme fatigue. What lead to me being diagnosed was a terrible respiratory infection that put me in the hospital for 5 days. I am currently on prednisone, plaquenil and imuran.  I guess my main question is am I the only one that gets chronic bronchitis.  Everytime I turn around I have bronchitis again and am back on antibiotics.  I don't know what to do. I can't miss any more work but feel terrible.  I am sick again after just finishing two rounds of antibiotics less than a week ago.  Any suggestions??? I am so new to this that any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
351246 tn?1379685732
Hi!
Since you have recurrent bronchitis like features, extreme fatigue and joint pains, cystic fibrosis should be thought of as a possibility. COPD and asthma, diabetes, and hypothyroidism are the other possibilities. It could also be due to severe anemia and rheumatoid arthritis. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your treating doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for all the thoughts.  I am negative for thyroid disease, diabetes, RA and asthma. And blood counts rule out anemia.  I will look into COPD tho. Thanks for the input.  Appreciated
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank