Lupus Community
Chronic respiratory infections
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic respiratory infections

Hi all. I'm 27 yrs old and about 6 months ago I was diagnosed with a lupus like autoimmune disease.  My pain symptoms are terrible joint pain hair loss and extreme fatigue. What lead to me being diagnosed was a terrible respiratory infection that put me in the hospital for 5 days. I am currently on prednisone, plaquenil and imuran.  I guess my main question is am I the only one that gets chronic bronchitis.  Everytime I turn around I have bronchitis again and am back on antibiotics.  I don't know what to do. I can't miss any more work but feel terrible.  I am sick again after just finishing two rounds of antibiotics less than a week ago.  Any suggestions??? I am so new to this that any advice will be greatly appreciated.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Since you have recurrent bronchitis like features, extreme fatigue and joint pains, cystic fibrosis should be thought of as a possibility. COPD and asthma, diabetes, and hypothyroidism are the other possibilities. It could also be due to severe anemia and rheumatoid arthritis. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your treating doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
Thanks for all the thoughts.  I am negative for thyroid disease, diabetes, RA and asthma. And blood counts rule out anemia.  I will look into COPD tho. Thanks for the input.  Appreciated
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...