My 19 years old sister is suffering from Systemic lupus erythematosus
Dear Doctors, My sis is suffering from Systemic lupus erythematosus , she is of 19 and she in on medicines for last 8 years. Treatment has been given by AIIMs, Delhi. Symptoms are Fits(8 years back : once in every two days but now once in 2-3 months), Headaches(8 years back : very frequently but now once in a month) , Pain in joints(8 years back : Frequently but now once in a month), Tiredness(8 years back : Frequently but now once in a month), Fever(8 years back : Twice a week but now no fever), Stomach Ache & Vomiting(8 years back : was not there but now once in a year for a week) Chest Pain(8 years back : was not there but now once or twice in 6 months) Weight loss(8 years back : her weight was 17 KG once but now she is on 40 without weight loss) Hair loss(8 years back : there was but now no hair loss) In every three months she visits AIIMS, Delhi and gets an update on the Take of Medicines . Doctors, My question is Will she be OK, just like me someday? If yes how much time it will take to get her completely cured ? And any other suggestion/Information you would like to share with me, that will help to get cured are WELCOME ! Thanks in advance to all of you for your answer. Ragards, James.
There is no CURE for SLE, however, the disease can go into remission times when the symptoms are very mild or non-existant.  However, this does not mean that the SLE is not there anymore and a flare can crop up at any time.  Flares can also affect different parts of the body at different times - what might affect her joints this time might affect her internal organs next.

If she is having good control of her symptoms with the medication, I would definitely suggest continuing it.