Aa
A
A
Close
Normal bloodwork?
Can a person have Lupus but, bloodwork come back normal?   My doctor says that I have inflammatory tendencies. How long did it take for you to get a diagnosis?  Thanks for all of your help.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
354604 tn?1328555666
Gosh there are so many here more learned than I; I'm sure you'll get some good responses. Lupus is one of those conditions that's like an invisible disease. It mimicks chronic fatigue or even EBV and has a plethora of symptoms And diagnostic criteria.
You didn't say if you'd had the ANA antibodies test done with your bloodwork?
There's a combination of things that need to come together before they'll give you a lupus diagnosis, only one of which is the ANA antibody test. The different types of arthritis are also inflammatory.
I was diagnosed with systemic lupus 10 years ago with primary symptoms being that of discoid lupus (sun allergy, fatigue, joint pain) but a couple of years ago my primary did a complete review of my history and referred to a well known rheumatologist and they determined that I never should have been diagnosed with systemic lupus, though the lesions on my face are apparent with the discoid lupus diagnosis.
I know that my fatigue ebbs and flows with my hormone changes every two weeks... I tend to have more depression with the hormone changes. They'd also told me that the hormone changes in pregnancy could put me into a full blown lupus where the body literally begins attacking its own connective tissues ~ SLE in its worst form attacks the liver, kidney, and heart, the soft tissue organs, and joints. That's probably tmi considering you don't have a diagnosis yet, but you might be able to see a rheumatologist that specializes both in arthritis & lupus. (Not all rheumy's are learned re: lupus) Best Regard to you ~ you'll 'meet' a lot of great people here ~
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
434278 tn?1324709825
Hey girl,

What test did your dr. do?

And what exactly are your symptoms?

LZ is right. There many people on this forum that are very knowledgable.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have similar questions.  I had negative tests for a long time.  Then, out of the blue, they accidentally found increased rhumatoid factors which led them to run some other tests.  My levels were only ever mildly increased.  For a couple of years, I was on 400mg of hydroxychloriquine, then went down to 200 mg.

Here is the strange thing about blood levels.  I have had more trouble with pain and sickness this fall than I have in years and my blood tests were all normal.  Not just normal, but better than they have ever been.  It makes absolutely no sense to me.  The only thing I could think of was that since I was going through a bout of pancreatitis when they ran the tests, maybe my body was too busy fighting something real to fight itself.  :-)  But I really have no idea.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank