Postivie DS DNA
I was diagnosed with Lupus had a speckled ana come positive once, 2 test since and those came back neg-the only thing that is consistently coming back positive is the DS DNA.  I am on plaquenil, predisone for joint pain ect and amptriptyln (for Reynaud's).  I am so confused if I can still have Lupus with only DS DNA coming back positive.
I had/have the sores in mouth/nose, rash when in sun, had positive ANA previously, memory loss ect more than the neccessary 4 needed, but sometimes they are at all different time,
So does it seem I still have Lupus?
I don't think Lupus goes away. My sister has it and lives with it I think the tests are for how well you are controlling it.She lives a very normal life.
Hi, I don't have an answer for you but have the same test results minus sun rashes-two pos ana-low complement and high DS DNA.  My doctor did not diagnose me as lupus and did not treat me-he claims that the DS DNA was a mistake-but I am a skeptical due to my symptoms.  I am not sure what the correct answer is but your symptoms sound like lupus. I have also heard from others on the panel they have had neg. ana at times and had pos. other times and have a DX of lupus.  I wish you the best.
DsDNA is VERY specific to lupus.  <1% of normal people have an elevated DsDNA.  It is found in 50% of lupus patients.
Just from personal experience, plaquenil can alter your labs. I had positive labs across the board until two months after taking plaquenil.  My rheumatologist confirmed, but didn't advise I stop just to confirm diagnoses of Lupus. Also was told that as Lupus goes into remission your labs can go negative.