Aa
A
A
Close
Postivie DS DNA
I was diagnosed with Lupus had a speckled ana come positive once, 2 test since and those came back neg-the only thing that is consistently coming back positive is the DS DNA.  I am on plaquenil, predisone for joint pain ect and amptriptyln (for Reynaud's).  I am so confused if I can still have Lupus with only DS DNA coming back positive.
I had/have the sores in mouth/nose, rash when in sun, had positive ANA previously, memory loss ect more than the neccessary 4 needed, but sometimes they are at all different time,
So does it seem I still have Lupus?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I don't think Lupus goes away. My sister has it and lives with it I think the tests are for how well you are controlling it.She lives a very normal life.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
701581 tn?1279139638
Hi, I don't have an answer for you but have the same test results minus sun rashes-two pos ana-low complement and high DS DNA.  My doctor did not diagnose me as lupus and did not treat me-he claims that the DS DNA was a mistake-but I am a skeptical due to my symptoms.  I am not sure what the correct answer is but your symptoms sound like lupus. I have also heard from others on the panel they have had neg. ana at times and had pos. other times and have a DX of lupus.  I wish you the best.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
434278 tn?1324709825
DsDNA is VERY specific to lupus.  <1% of normal people have an elevated DsDNA.  It is found in 50% of lupus patients.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1506310 tn?1291014917
Just from personal experience, plaquenil can alter your labs. I had positive labs across the board until two months after taking plaquenil.  My rheumatologist confirmed, but didn't advise I stop just to confirm diagnoses of Lupus. Also was told that as Lupus goes into remission your labs can go negative.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources