Lupus Community
Rash on legs (and other symptoms) lupus or vasculitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

I have a rash up and down both legs and have never had a mylar rash.  I'm STILL waiting on a diagnosis, but have extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, joint pain and a high sed rate.  Is this rash indicative of lupus or vasculitis?  It's been almost 3 1/2 years and no diagnosis from docs.  Pretty disheartening...
I was diagnosed with lupus 10 years ago - and have had a rash (mostly on my legs) for the past 7 years.  It's not the typical lupus rash.  I had several biopsies done before they diagnosed the rash as PLC (pityriasis lichenoids chronicus).  The doctors tell me that there is no link between lupus and this rash - but I'm not convinced because they are both immunological responses.  I'm not sure if this would be the same thing that you have - but it was interesting to me that the rash is also on your legs.  Have you been diagnosed with lupus?
What did your results turn out to be?  I have had the rash on arms and legs.  What did your rash look and feel like?  How long did it last?  What are your other symptoms?  I have the ones you have mentioned above and a whole lot more as well (too numerous to mention).  I have gone 6 yrs with no diagnosis and even went so far as to go to the Mayo clinic and came back home with a wrong diagnosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so tired of this!!!!!
Did you go to the Scottsdale AZ Mayo for your bad care also? I have bben to Mayo in AZ and Johns Hopkins in MD with wrong as well as bad care. I have all the sypmtoms of Lupus and a few of the Labs also. I also did have the Labs for Wegener's Vasculitis also from the May but then they sent me home ans said I was ok lol. Sent me home with a walker and alot of meds but I was ok huh... What a joke.. I can go on and on about the bad care I have receiveved and them telling me I'm ok. I have swollen joints, loss of vision and a low platelet count as well as being in and out of Kidney failure.For some reason When we do the labs I ask for after I do the study on things they come back positive...Imagine that!   I'm now positive for Lupus Anticoagulation, HLA B27 pos+, History of Glaucoma and a shunt in my R eye, Use to walk run and dance just fine but now I'm in a wheelchair but was told I was ok. Also the whole time I been pos+ for PR3 every time but only 2 times for the C-ANCA ratio 1:8 and 1:24. I also been confirmed as to have ITP and Gammaglubulenemia. After looking at all  my pld blood test for thae last few years besides the vision issue I have almost always been low on platelets but no doc ever took the time to figure it all out.  They sure jump to conclusions to tell me I was crfazy though.. I would love to talk to all of you and share stories because this is the only way we can help eachother out.
JP
It's 3 years now that i have a kind of rash but it doesn't ache.It's just awful and ugly to look at.I can't wear any skirts.The doctors don't know what it is.
My daughter is 16 and has had joint pain with popping and cracking for over four years now. It is getting progressively worse and she is developing severe depression from it. We have been to all types of docs with no diagnosis. In the past month she has also developed a rash on her legs and is having muscle spasms in her hands that cripple her hands up and she unable to use them for several minutes. Please help! I just don't know what to do! She is seeing our family doctor this week again but I don't expect he will be much help as he hasn't been up to this point.
your daughters symptoms sound similiar to mine. I am 43. I have had 2 tests come back positive for lupus on the ANA and the DS test. I also have anemia, and what I am now thinking it is vasculitis of my legs which is secondary to lupus. If she has little red dots or what looks like a sunburn but is not, then this could be vasculitis. See a reg doc or a neurologist. Hope this helps. Google vasculitis and lupus and then click on images. See if you can match up a pic to what our daughter has. Good luck and I wish us both well on our journey's