Lupus Community
lupus or connective tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

lupus or connective tissue

i have hashimoto, lichen sclerosis, raynauds, often rashes,
often red face-one dr. said looked like lupus, but RA dr says she needs to see it.
positive ANA antibody test, possibly sjogrens acc to Opthometrist, but dr says not lupus yet
is connective tissue disease.--is there another test to ask for?
and is there something to do to stop this autoimmune?/ now also have autoimmune gastritis--thus Pernicious anemia...?? Dr say no but also interested in unproven theories??  when feel sick ready to try anything as opposed to dying or being in pain..
You have quite a bit going on.  I had not heard of autoimmune gastritis.  So I read up on it.  The article said it is often seen along w/ hashimotos thyroiditis.  What was your ANA level and pattern?  You mentioned you were in a lot of pain.  Is it your muscles or joints or both?  
Thanks for your comment.  the ANA was high, but not enough to warrant a diagnosis by itself"   my muscles hurt, i've been going to Physical therapy and he said my muscles are trying to protect the nerves but the muscles are too weak, so trying to make them stronger...  a slow process though.  
Glad you are progressing.  I know what you are talking about.  I went through some physical therapy and it helped a bunch, but it was slow going.
Still waiting a diagnosis, ana has been 640 with homogenous pattern and nuceor pattern, then 1280 with just a hmogenous pattern.  The hardest thing is having my dearest loving sisters telling me it is probably just,...menopause, stress, just eat better,.... I understand that they are worried, but i need sherlock holmes right now,.... This puzzle of numbers and symptoms,....crazy
Bless your heart.  I know how frustrating all of this is.  And people mean well, but there is really no way they can fully know what you are going through unless they had experienced it themselves.  Could you tell me what symptoms you are having?