Lupus Community
rash
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash

My daughter has recently broken out in a rash. She is very itchey at times. The doctors said it culd be a rash that has to do with her lupus. She can not remember what it was called. Does anyone have an idea and if so how long could it last. The doctor put her on a steroid, it is not helping much but she has only been on it for two days.
Related Discussions
354604_tn?1328555666
I'm fortunate to only have discoid lupus, which manifests itself, most noticably with the itching skin. Before I was diagnosed, and also treated with an initial steroid/prednisone treatment to stop the itching and hair loss, I had lesions on my arms upper/lower, hands front/back, and even between my shoulders and in my scalp. The sun allergy portion of lupus will manifest in lesions that are dry and itchy anywhere you would normally have sun exposure i.e. even though your back may be covered with a blouse, you may still have lesions between your shoulders, which I did. Are they planning on doing a biopsy? I had an immuno fluorescent sp? stain that confirmed my diagnosis of discoid lupus. I still have the RA symptoms and fatigue associated with systemic lupus but my diagnosis remains DLE. Blessings to you and your daughter, praying all is well with you well in to the winter months! Take Care ~ Wosh.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...