Lupus Community
tenderness and pressure left side of head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

My rheumatologist says he feels that I have lupus now.  I started having a pressure feeling on the left side of my head in the temple area above my ear today. It is also tender if I put my hand on it.  I was wondering if this is a symptom and if it is dangerous.  This is all new to me and it is the weekend. Just concerned. Usually main symptom is pleurisy.  Taking plaquenl now for two weeks.  If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.
There is a type headache that goes along w/ lupus.  The best way I can describe  it is a vise grip is squashing my head.  It is rarely on one side as you described.  I usually try to stop these when they are just starting out w/ tylenol and ibuprophen.  As far as I know it is certainly not an emergency situation.  If you started having seizures or black out spells, it certainly would be.

Plaquinel really helped me.  The main side affect is diarrhea, which usually subsides after about 3 weeks.  

We're here for you.
Praying for you, Kara