undiagnosed
I am new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone knows if you have to have a positive ANA to have Lupus?
No, you do not have to have a positive ANA to have lupus.  Lupus is a very mysterious and hard to diagnose disease.  Unfortunately there is no 'one' test that can be done that gives you a definite diagnosis.  Some people have positive ANA and do not have lupus and others have a negative ANA and do have lupus.  The ANA testing is not the only test for lupus.  There are several lab tests along with symptoms that over time will determine whether it is lupus or not.
Thank you for your reply. I have been to many doctors over the last 3 months, most of which thought that I have an auto-immune disease. Then I went to a rheumatologist last week, and she said that with a negative ANA I wouldn't have an auto-immune disease.
With fibromyalgia, you open panderas box. I now have mixed connective with lupus type symptoms. however, I don't have lupus, just the symptoms like reynalds that seems to get progressively worseBesides all the aches,pain, insomnia and total exhaustion I have to deal with fibrofog. ambian makes it worth so I'll probably forget that I was even here, Something I've noticed in the last few months is that I have no feeling right under my knee and was wondering if this is power for the force or could it be pad. Laet me know if anyone out there is experienceing the same thing; Thankjs