Magnesium And Your Health User Group
Magnesium citrate side effects...?
About This Group:

Please delete board.

Founded by compnet on September 19, 2010
8 members

Magnesium citrate side effects...?

Hello - I posted this question on the Nutrition forum, but since this is a group all about Mg, I figured I'd ask here too.  I've been taking Mg citrate for a week now to try and reduce my premature ventricular contractions (PVCs).  I take a 200 mg tablet in the morning and 1 tsp of Natural Calm at night.  I noticed right after I took my first dosage the first day that within a few hours of taking the Mg, I started to feel a weird internal-shaking feeling, almost like my insides were vibrating.  This has continued every day.  I only DON'T feel like this when I first wake up in the morning.  I know that Mg plays a big role in muscles, so is it possible that my body is just getting used to the Mg supplementation?  Should I continue to take it and see if the shakiness subsides?  Thank you!!
Hello!

I'm sorry I haven't been to the board in a while.

Usually, magnesium calms heart irregularities and shaking.

Double check with your doctor as I am not a medical person, but perhaps you are taking too high a dose for your needs or need to balance it with calcium and Vitamin D (they work together.)

Issues like you are having can often be either a magnesium or potassium issue, or electrolytes in general.

Take care.
Also, you might also try switching to a calmer formula, such as Magnesium Taurate or Glycinate.
Thanks! I have just started eating a lot of bananas and almonds to try and up my Mg naturally, but I might give one of those a shot.

Thanks again!
That is also a symptom of low magnesium. It is also a problem that goes along with hypothyroid and Adrenal issues. Don't know if you have been tested for these or not.  

I take 1200 in the AM and 1200 in the PM.
Magnesium Citrate, that is.
Thanks for the reply.  I will be making a doctor's appointment soon as the shaking doesn't seem to get better or worse with more or less Mg.  Thanks!!
allibounds joined this group
Welcome them!
03/14
lostinAK added the Thyroid Disorder Tracker
02/13
lostinAK joined this group
Welcome them!
02/13