Magnesium And Your Health User Group
Magnesium citrate side effects...?
About This Group:

Please delete board.

Founded by compnet on September 19, 2010
9 members

Magnesium citrate side effects...?

Hello - I posted this question on the Nutrition forum, but since this is a group all about Mg, I figured I'd ask here too.  I've been taking Mg citrate for a week now to try and reduce my premature ventricular contractions (PVCs).  I take a 200 mg tablet in the morning and 1 tsp of Natural Calm at night.  I noticed right after I took my first dosage the first day that within a few hours of taking the Mg, I started to feel a weird internal-shaking feeling, almost like my insides were vibrating.  This has continued every day.  I only DON'T feel like this when I first wake up in the morning.  I know that Mg plays a big role in muscles, so is it possible that my body is just getting used to the Mg supplementation?  Should I continue to take it and see if the shakiness subsides?  Thank you!!
Hello!

I'm sorry I haven't been to the board in a while.

Usually, magnesium calms heart irregularities and shaking.

Double check with your doctor as I am not a medical person, but perhaps you are taking too high a dose for your needs or need to balance it with calcium and Vitamin D (they work together.)

Issues like you are having can often be either a magnesium or potassium issue, or electrolytes in general.

Take care.
Also, you might also try switching to a calmer formula, such as Magnesium Taurate or Glycinate.
Thanks! I have just started eating a lot of bananas and almonds to try and up my Mg naturally, but I might give one of those a shot.

Thanks again!
That is also a symptom of low magnesium. It is also a problem that goes along with hypothyroid and Adrenal issues. Don't know if you have been tested for these or not.  

I take 1200 in the AM and 1200 in the PM.
Magnesium Citrate, that is.
Thanks for the reply.  I will be making a doctor's appointment soon as the shaking doesn't seem to get better or worse with more or less Mg.  Thanks!!
allibounds joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 27
lostinAK added the Thyroid Disorder Tracker
02/13
lostinAK joined this group
Welcome them!
02/13