695?1278534013
March 2011 Babies User Group
Anyone experience less baby movements?
About This Group:

This is the place to ask questions, post information, and share stories and support with other women due in March 2011. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Founded by mmeriche on July 7, 2010
63 members

Anyone experience less baby movements?

Hi I'm 22 weeks 4 days and for the past 3 or 4 days I have noticed my pumpkin has moved much less than before. Do you think this is okay and has anyone had similar experiences and was assured that the baby is fine? My Dr.'s appt is in about 2 weeks or so..
I had that around the same time as you. I was a little freaked out but then did the flashlight test. That is where you hold a light up to your tummy. It makes the baby jump. I know its not the nicest thing to do to our little ones but if if relieves your stress and gives you piece of mind then its worth it. Since I did that my little girl has not stopped moving at all. In fact she is much more active than my 2 previous children were. Good luck to you. Keep me posted
I am with rbohl01. I had the same thing around that time and even into the 24wk area. I stressed constantly saying, "I think something is wrong cuz he just aint hardly moved lately". Then I hit 25wks and he aint quit moving. I am 27wks Thursday and trust me..your little one will make up for the times they dont move so much!!
I experienced that also a while ago and i did the flash light trick and she kicked the crap out of me. Sometimes still she will go a couple of days and i dont feel her then she just lets me know she is ok :) The doct told me that we don't always feel them move but they r.
Thanks ladies this is so reassuring as a 1st timer I question everything. My Ava has  a sense of humor.  Last night she had a bouncing fest so I guess she sensed my concern with her lethargy. However, its reasonable to be concern when there is a drastic change in the baby's movements. Thanks a million and much blessings to you all and your pumpkins as you approach the last trimester stretch.
I have days where she is really active, then others where she is sleeping a ton! I asked my doctor about this, and was told that up until around 28 weeks, it is perfectly normal to have this happen. That is when most women begin to feel more consistent movement and patterns. Today and yesterday, for example, I haven't felt too much.. just the occasional kick/movement.. two days before that she was ALL over the place, bouncing around and doing her acrobatics. :)
My baby seems to love to sleep all day and party all night.  It's a little "jersey shore fist-pumper" that thinks they are at an all-night rave in my uterus.  Some days the baby is doing summersaults, other days I have to annoy it to get our little "homebrew" to move at all.  I have a Dr's appointment on Friday and I'll ask my obgyn if this is normal and get back to you.
rbohl01 commented on Good news!
rbohl01 commented on OB appointment 7/11/1...
Jul 17
rbohl01 commented on zara2010's status
Jul 17