Maternal & Child Community
Plan B and Missed Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Plan B and Missed Period

I'm new here, and I have been looking all over for an answer to my question with no luck.  I'm 21 years old and sexually inactive.  However, March 21st I had an incident where I may or may not have had sex.  I'll leave the story out of it, but I got Plan B the next morning just in case.  I had finished my period a few days before and I'm pretty sure it started on March 13th or 14th (the one before that definitely started on Valentine's day for sure).  A few days after I took Plan B, I had some bleeding for 2 or 3 days (not as heavy or long as my normal periods).  My periods usually run like clockwork on a 28-29 day cycle, so I started to get nervous when I still hadn't had my "real" period April 12.  I went to the doctors and had a pregnancy (urine) test on April 14 which came back negative.  However, it is now April 22, and still no period.  Could I still be pregnant?  Did Plan B mess up my cycle?  Please help.
is plan b the day after pill, ?? if so It may have thrown your cycle off, plus stressing out can cause you to be late too, but be careful, a friend of mine took the day after pill and she still got pregnant...

good luck
the plan B method does altar your menstrual cycle.  after taking plan B you should receive your period about a week later, and since you did get it then the chances of you being pregnant are slim to none.  If it was just spotting then you should have it checked out by your physician and take a pregnancy test. your period will probably be late this month
When my period was late coming after Plan B, I read over lots of these forums. Here is what ended up happening for those seeking information! Note that I'm not a medical professional so what happened to me might not happen for everyone.

My period started Day 1, and I normally have a 30 day cycle. I had sex and the condom broke on the morning of Day 8. I took Plan B the afternoon of Day 8, and the website says it's 95% effective if taken in the first 24 hours. The pharmacist said that my period should come when it normally does (Day 31), but also if I don't get my period within 3 weeks (Day 29), to take a pregnancy test. She told me that I might get spotting after about a week. I got spotting on Days 15 and 16. Then Day 29 came and went, then Day 31 came and went, so I started freaking out. I told myself that if I didn't get my period within the week, that I would take a test. I didn't get my period until Day 38, which was right on time if you counted "Day 1" to be the day I took Plan B. There was a lot of scary days for my partner and I, but it all worked out. I hope it does for the rest of you too!!
hey i was just reading your blog, the same thing is happening to me i took a pregnancy test today and it came out negative... im wondering did u ever get ur period.. and how late was it ? please respond im still a nervous reck!!!
hey my condom broke on the 13th of jan. i took planb one step the day after jan. 14th. my period was suppose to come jan 27th took 3 pregnancy test all said negative. still no period what should i do? im a week and2 days late
Can anyone help me?
Being a college student and not currently in a relationship I'm totally freaked out.
I had unprotected sex at April 8th. My last period started on April,2th.I took emergency pill around after 6-8 hrs. But it's a different brand than you guys are talking about. It's an Indian brand(i-pill) & contained only one pill.I had very regular cycles until now. My next cycle was supposed to start from April 30th. But it didn't yet & today is 2nd of May.
I'm worried to death as I have no one to share my anxiety with. I have no money to plan an abortion. I can by no means afford to get pregnant.
I feel like hell can be experienced without even being dead.
I'm not sure when to get a pregnancy test if in case I'm unfortunate enough to get pregnant?There is no typical pregnancy symptoms so far. I'm not sure what breast tenderness implies. But there's no morning sickness, no unusual tiredness whatsoever.
Can anyone have any soothing words?
My period ended April 27th. On May 1st, I engaged in sort-of sexual activity. He put an  inch in and didn't ***. He might've precum though. I didn't know you could get pregnant from fooling around, and I'm still a virgin.
My friend told me you could get pregnant from precum, so I bought plan B 48 hours later and took it.
It's been one week...all I have is a dry, itchy vagina with clumpy white discharge. My period was due today and it didn't come. I've spent the whole week crying and being hormonal. I even tried natural period inducers like parsley, but nothing happened. Can anyone offer advice? Am I going to be a pregnant virgin?!
I've read lots of forum stories on this... I have yet to find anyone in my situation. Here goes:

Had unprotected sex, figured out I was ovulating (it was a peak day) took plan be 24hours later... I usually have a regular period. At this point iam an entire week late. I took 2pregnancy tests at the 5-day-late mark. The 1st test turned positive right away, the 2nd test seemed negative (veeery faint sign of positive still). Boyfriend insists it was negative, also he read that between the vitamins, supplements & exercise I do, that caused a false-positive test.
The plan for now is to wait a few more days then get an actual blood test.
My worries: if I am pregnant, has my active lifestyle possible caused harm?
Also, my breast have been swollen/tender for a week & today I've had cramping on & off.

Soooo has anyone out there had a positive test? Was it actual pregnancy or was it false due to hormone from the pill? Exercise? Stress?

Boyfriend & I are not ready for a baby... I'm really afraid...
The only things that cause a false positive are medications that have the HCG hormone in them. Plan B, exercise and stress do NOT contain these. If you took the second test later in the day that could be why it showed a negative. The only way you'll know for sure is the blood test. If you were really not ready for a baby, you should have been having protected sex. Plan B is NOT birth control and should never be taken habitually. They're horrible for your body, and do not always work.