Maternal Expert Forum
APNEA HOME MONITOR FOR 2 MONTHS
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

APNEA HOME MONITOR FOR 2 MONTHS

Posted By Nicole on April 28, 1999 at 15:54:43
I HAVE A 31/2 MONTH OLD WHO HAS BEEN ON AN APNEA MONITOR SINCE 2 MONTHS OLD.  THE FIRST MONTH IT WENT OFF 15 TIMES, BUT HEART rate did not drop with each apnea, now that she is getting older, it has only alrmed twice, but almost 5 more times, but she resolved by breathing before it alarmed. Her apneas have been between 15-18 secs. Her monitor is set on 15 sec for apnea.  Well i was wondering if this were nrmal, because she is being treated by a family dr not a pediatrician.  I know it is normal for 20 sec. but dr says she willgrow out of it, and will it be related to SIDS? My husbands brother died of SIDS and I jus wondered if it could be related? My whole preg. was very healthy and she weighed 7#s and now about 16 #s.  Please help me understand this apnea and sids relation.  THANK YOU!

Follow Ups:

Re: APNEA HOME MONITOR FOR 2 MONTHS Kate 5/02/1999
(0)