Maternal Expert Forum
Very Painful Menstrual Cramps following Birth>>>>HELP????

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Posted By Michele on December 14, 1998 at 12:46:40:

My daugther is now 18 months old and every since my cycle began again (which is pretty much a year ago), I've experienced extremely painful menstrual cramps. They get so debilitating that I'm in bed for a whole day and often vomitting. I also find that a various times throughout the month I'm assuming it's during ovulation) I experience painful cramping as well. I've seen my doctor and he says it's normal. I'm not so sure. I don't think I should be having painful cramps throughout the month...Can you help me or give me some direction?? He has suggested that I try an IUD and any of the information I've read says that you should avoid them if you experience painful menstrual cramping. HELP????