Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Help?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help?

So I jus turned 21 and about eight months ago when I was pregnant with my second child I found out that I have MSK. Since then I have had at least eight uti's/bacterial infections. Every time I get one I feel horrible. The symptoms seem to get a little worse every time. Is the getting worse feeling going to continue? Also I haven't found a Urologist that takes my insurance. Would you recommend me find one asap?
168348 tn?1379360675
Hi and WELCOME to our Medullary Sponge Kidney (MSK) community.  So so sorry to hear of your repeated UTI's.  I have had them in the past, too .. then they go away for months/yrs and then come back .. with me, it's when I have stones in my kidneys that are deep within the medullary.  Until we get rid of the stones, we keep getting UTI's and they can be very serious.

I would find a good Uro that takes your insurance even if you have to travel.  I travel to a big city.

Hoping you find a cure for your UTI's .... I hope they are doing a culture with sensitivity?

The bacteria is deeply seated in the stones .. that's why it keeps recurring I've been told by my doc

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank