Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Help?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help?

So I jus turned 21 and about eight months ago when I was pregnant with my second child I found out that I have MSK. Since then I have had at least eight uti's/bacterial infections. Every time I get one I feel horrible. The symptoms seem to get a little worse every time. Is the getting worse feeling going to continue? Also I haven't found a Urologist that takes my insurance. Would you recommend me find one asap?
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi and WELCOME to our Medullary Sponge Kidney (MSK) community.  So so sorry to hear of your repeated UTI's.  I have had them in the past, too .. then they go away for months/yrs and then come back .. with me, it's when I have stones in my kidneys that are deep within the medullary.  Until we get rid of the stones, we keep getting UTI's and they can be very serious.

I would find a good Uro that takes your insurance even if you have to travel.  I travel to a big city.

Hoping you find a cure for your UTI's .... I hope they are doing a culture with sensitivity?

The bacteria is deeply seated in the stones .. that's why it keeps recurring I've been told by my doc

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank