Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
RECENTLY DIAGNOSED
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RECENTLY DIAGNOSED

I too have been diagnosed by my urologist having MSK.  I have had 5 UTI's in 6 months.  I have both kidneys effected with 6 stones on each side.  I have pain radiating up my back and into my pelvic area.  I havent passed any stones yet.  My urologist hasnt given me any info about this disease. Should I see a nephrologist?  Any advice.  I just did a 24 hr. urine collection this weekend.  The MSK was diagnosed on CT scan.  Again, any advice for me about what i should do further or what to expect down the road.
Sarah
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hello and welcome Sarah .. you are definitely in the right place. we are here for you. There are quite a few veteran members who will be able to better answer your ? but I wanted to say hi and welcome you!!

C~
MSK w/calcium oxalate stones
Blank
592774_tn?1325397342
I was sent to a nephrologist. She explained that the Urologist deals with physical/ anatomical problems,(Stuck stones, etc.) while the nephrologist deals with the overall health of the kidney- stone prevention, kidney function, interpretation of results, dietary restrictions.  
Usin the brain instead of the kidney for example a neurologist is similar to a nephrologist and a brain surgeon is similar to a urologist.
Blank
489228_tn?1291535054
HI Sarah and welcome!   You are not alone!  Many of us struggle with chronic pain and infection issues.   What is your uro doing to treat the infection issues?

There are some great articles under the health pages on the right hand side of this page!

There are some natural options for helping to prevent the infections as well!

What have you tried aleardy?

What was the results of your 24 hour urine?

I do hope you feel better soon!

Shelly
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703