Memory Loss Community
Memeory loss with IQ drop of 100 pts

Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. You may not be able to remember new events, recall one or more memories of the past, or both. . The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Memory Loss patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Memory Loss, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Memeory loss with IQ drop of 100 pts

I was working a very stressful, complicated, heavy multitasking job dealing with two customers at a time, each within 15 minutes apiece, for 15 years. After a couple of years, I started developing dyslexia (never had it before), and gradual loss of memory. I coped with it for the next twelve years since needed the paycheck but finally completely blanked out at work. I have been out of work for a year and a half due to having a functional IQ of around 50 or less (Had 141 IQ in the military). I can only do one task to completion without interruptions or have to start all over now. All physical testing has been negative. Every neurologist, psychologist, psychiatrist I have talked to refuse to diagnose or assist me with my problem. I wasn't noticibly depressed when I first blanked out but after having been refused assistance by numerous doctors, frustration and depression is now developing. Can anyone help with a diagnosis or point me in the right direction for help. I live in San Antonio. Thanks
Tags: Major IQ loss
Hey gergnelso.
Welcome to the forum.

There are many aspects of cognitive/mental/brain dysfunction that
cannot be accurately diagnosed by conventional medicine.
The brain's complexity is of astronomical proportions-lol!

Test results, often inconclusive, as they may not show clearly
any significant damage or change, make it difficult- for patients
and doctors alike- to lead a diagnosis and treatment.

Here are some possibilities (followed by suggestions):

-STRESS, as you correctly mentioned!
Avoidance, Meditation, Hypnotherapy, EFT, Therapy.

-Impaired Glucose uptake in the brain.
Simultaneous EEG and [(18)F]FDG-PET testing is required to verify.
Coconut oil -virgin and organic- is an excellent substitute. 2T daily
and build up to 4 in 4 weeks. I would try it anyway, in place of other oils -specially cooking oils as they are pro-inflammatory!  coconut oil is NOT!
Visit the coconut research center website for details.

-Hypoglycemia
Self test with a glucometer from any pharmacy. test frequently to establish
patterns according to food and drink intake.
To correct this- if not already diabetic- just follow a pre-diabetic or diabetic diet.

- Candida (yeast overgrowth)
Do a self test -only indicative,NOT diagnostic!). Search for saliva candida test on YouTube. Then if positive, go for further testing or just do the anti-candida diet. (again Coconut oil is recommended as the top Anti-fungal agent. Works BETTER than prescribed meds!)

-Food intolerances , sensitivities and allergies.
Do Dr. Coca's Pulse test. free download or visit a NAET or "Allergy Antidotes" Doctor or Practitioner. (holistic allergy elimination)

-EMF Pollution.
Get an EMF detector and avoid exposure.

- Neuro-transmitter deficiencies.
Did you get tested for these?
Acetylcholine, epinephrine, norepinephrine (NE), serotonin (5-HT), dopamine, melatonin, both D- and L-aspartic acid, L-glutamic acid, glycine, gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), adenosine and ATP plus other nutrients including minerals play an important role in brain health.
Correcting the deficiencies by proper nutrition and dietary supplements.  

-Heavy metals toxicity.
Comprehensive Detoxification every few months.
Go to Jon Barron's website for a good tutorial in simple language,
regarding detox.

-Digestive, G/I and elimination issues.
All these systems along with organs like kidney, liver and bowel may produce toxicity when their functions are impaired, leading to brain issues.
Poor diet, inadequate hydration, stress, toxicity,constipation, allergies, yeast overgrowth,will affect all these systems and consequently the brain.

All this sounds good but CAN you and WILL you do it on you own ?
My opinion seek the best Holistic Doctor or practitioner you can afford to facilitate this for you.  
It's probably you best bet!

I  have probably missed a couple things, but this gives you a general holistic overview of your condition. Also I forgot to mention that breathing properly is vital. Go to the normal breathing website for details.

Hopefully some of this information will help .
It's a tough place to be where you are presently, but you can turn this around. I have helped many people in situations similar to yours with advice.
In my opinion, this has a lot to do with the understanding that there are things you can do to improve, the ability to stay focused, and having the discipline and determination to follow through, even if it may take some time to see results.
Please post again or pm me directly anytime if you have any questions.
Take care and wish you well.
Niko

Hey gergnelso.
Welcome to the forum.

-STRESS, as you correctly mentioned!

-Impaired Glucose uptake in the brain.

-Hypoglycemia

- Candida (yeast overgrowth)

-EMF Pollution.
Get an EMF detector and avoid exposure.

- Neuro-transmitter deficiencies.
Did you get tested for these?

-Heavy metals toxicity.
regarding detox.

-Digestive, G/I and elimination issues.

It's probably you best bet!

Take care and wish you well.
Niko

Thankyou for that response. I wish I had that information 3 years ago but I have been relying completely on doctors which turned out to be a mistake. Strange that neurologist, psychologist, and psychiatrist never mentioned "Dementia". My symptoms definitely fall under that category. I think I should have been referred to a geriatrician along time ago since they appear to specialize with my type of problems.
Hey gergneslo. You are welcome!

Dementia, doesn't quite fit your profile, as far I can judge from your posting,
but mild cognitive impairment with significant stress related
memory decline, probably yes.
Geriatricians perhaps would have helped you more, however,
there are treatable parts of your impairment and memory decline,
well outside the strict medical protocols, where a holistic approach, as I mentioned in my original reply, would make a difference, in prevention and improvement.

There are many things that still can be done, so learn from the past,
make some good decisions today, so you can have a better outlook for
tomorrow.
  Cheers!
  Niko

I get the impression from what I have read on the internet that dementia is general catchall word for debilitating mental disorders. Altzheimers, PTSD, etc. Until a specific disorder is diagnosed, they tend to call it dementia.