Men's Health Community
Bump around my anus

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Bump around my anus

There are a thousand posted questions about the difference between HPV and skin tags or hemorrhoids, and so I won't ask too much about that.  But i was wondering what type of doctor I can go to to physically examine me.  I am new to Texas and do not have a family doctor down here, and I wasnt sure if there was a better option for this.  There arent any "proctologists" in the area but a bunch of gastroenterologists.  Can anyone tell me what type of doctor to go to?  
   About the lump: i noticed it a few days ago after having some blood when wiping.  I believe the bump has been there a while, but I never actually looked to examine it's demographics.  A few days ago it was rather round and someone painful to the touch.  Now, a few days later it has "dried up" a bit and looks like it just a bit of skin clumped together.  I have no idea what it is, and I'm worried about it.  Please help!
Actually, a general practioner should be able to examine the area and treat it.  If it is something out of the ordinary he/she should be able to refer you to the appropriate specialist, ie. gastro/proct/dermatologist
That sounds like a hemmorhoid to me.  When they swell or get irritated, they become round, tense, and painful.  When the inflammation goes away, they sort of collapse and are more like hanging skin.  

Yes, you can have more than one hemmie at a time, and no!  Dont post a pic.  I won't look, nor will I ask who is taking the picture.  

Show it to a doc, and find out for sure.
is it uncommon to have more than one bump (i.e. more than one hemorrhoid) at a time?  I have a picture of the bump, but I am not sure if it is common to post such things on this forum.
I went to the doctor today and he, after about 5 seconds, said it was unfortunately a wart.  Which leads me to a bunch of questions, that I don't know can be answered.  Three weekends ago was the first time my partner and I did not use a condom, after nearly a full year of protected monogamous sexual contact; i see why it was a bad idea now.
   The doctor said nothing about taking off the warts there in the office but prescribed aldara.  Are there more effective treatments for the wart, or should I give the cream a go?
A related discussion, wart remedy was started.
Paxiled commented on Individuals with soci...
mary98136 commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle