Men's Health Community
Growing lump in between my Buttocks

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Growing lump in between my Buttocks

I noticed a small hard lump at the top of my butt crack a couple days ago. It is now becomming longer, spreading downwards through my butt crack, and becoming more painful. The skin is tight and leathery around the lump. It is uncomfertable to sit down in some positions. What could this be? Thank You.
Clearly an infection.  Maybe just a bad boil, but possibly an infected pilonidal sinus (a minor congenital anomaly, but one that can get infected) or a perianal abscess.  See a health care provider right away; you probably need antibiotics and perhaps incision and drainage.

HHH, MD
My husband has a lump the size of a golfball on the upper part of his thigh almost by his growing, i talked to his mom and she said he gets it whenever he gets a infection somewhere, but the funny part is he just got off antibiotics , for other reasons. do u have any answers?
My boyfriend just told me that his butt has been burning. There is a bump that he can feel thats sortof on the inside of his butt. Is it something that we should be concerned about???
For Sy's post, its a pilonidal cist.  Removal of it is brutal as they have to lay it open to the bottom of the sinus and let it heal from the bottom up.  I opted to go for periodic drainage and my doc would keep opening up the sinus so it would drain.  Eventually it closed on its own.  The good news is they dont see them in people over 40 - they dont know why.

For baby's post it could be a rectal abcess (abscess) or the start of a fistula.  I've also had both and they @#$!@ suck.  I had to have surgery twice where the treatment was the same as for the pilonidal cist above.

I dont wish these on anyone.
my boyfriend has this knott about the size of a pinky fingernail on the top part of butt cheek. What could this be. It does not hurt or have any puss or anything like that. Please help. I am really worried about this.
I have a golf ball size red color malignant lump on my right buttock. Until yet I haven't shown it to any physician. But with touch I can feel its spreading inside my body heading towards stomach. I  feel no pain in it and no symptoms  of pain and effects. your suggestions please ?
Omega 6 - Omega 3
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
Jade59 commented on Pip sick...
Pip sick...
14 hrs ago by Piparskeggr
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle