Men's Health Community
If I stop masturbating.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

If I stop masturbating.

I have stopped masturbating for about 3 weeks now and I feel a lot better and when working out I see better results than when I did masturbate before. I heard a while ago from a post somewhere that a male that stopped masturbation over a period of years can stop producing sperm. Is that true? Because I need the energy and confidence for working out later on in life as well. Will it affect my workout? Will I stop producing sperm after a long period of time (40 years if NOT masturbating)?
    I can not say for sure, but I believe that suppressing a biological urge for long would have both psychological and physical impact.You do not have to worry about the status at 40 years, since you would get married much before that and in that case you need not have to masturbate at all.
Solace
I see, but what if I plan on staying single? Then would I still have to masturbate? And I have wet dreams here but do they stop after a while? And I don't have anything so far effecting me psychologically or physically except the fact I'm getting stronger from working out and more confident.
   Well, if you are able to control your urges and you feel good about it, then it should be ok for you.Wet dreams are the natural way to release the sexual tension and they will continue to be there. Unfortunately, many people do not have the kind of mental control that you have.

Solace  
hi, is severe masturbation bad for my sexual life...ppl say that in that case u cant satisfy yr partner..
    So long as you are taking care of your health and avoid any injury to the part, I feel it should not affect. May be a doctor member on this Forum will be able to give you a more medically accurate answer.

Solace