Intercostal Muscle Strain - How long to heal?
I am pretty sure that I have strained my Intercostals Muscle in my right side from golfing. I have read that many golfers, tennis players and weight lifters suffer from this kind of injury. The pain is right underneath my right peck and shoots into my back. It happened about two weeks ago when I felt pain in that area during one of my golf swings.  My symptoms are pain when I take deep breaths/sneeze/cough. Lying down and trying to move on either of my sides is painful. The pain is always at it's worse first thing in the morning.

My PCP perscribed 600mg Ibuprofen (3x day) and vicodin when needed. How long does it typically take for this injury to heal if its only a strain and not a tear? When can I start swinging my clubs again?

I think that it would take about 3-4 weeks if uyou have strained it alot .I would advice you to stop your golfing for the period of time that i have mentioned . then afterwards start from light excercise. In the meantime use any pain releasing cream especially wentogeno it is very good .I have tried it myself
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle