Men's Health Community
MEN...i also need an honest answer!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

MEN...i also need an honest answer!

gosh, i already feel a little embarassed about posting this question, but i really would like an honest answer! Trying to keep this short,I guess as surprising as it is I have been somewhat naive to the fact that men think large labia minora are disgusting? My husband loves mine (ugh, sorry i am just trying to explain my insecurity)even though i've always felt like I was not sexy "down there". I've asked him about mine before and of COURSE I always get the "i love it" (because he knows if he said anything else he'd never get it! so i will never get a TRUE honest answer) Anyways, the other day a couple of my co workers (one female and one male, sadly regarding a patient)made the remark about a "roast beef *****", and how much would you do "that" for etc (sick, i know)... i had never heard that term but right away I was pretty sure I knew what they were talking about. Just a bit ago I looked up the term online and my suspicions were correct. I truely want to know the general feeling on this. Is it not sexy to have large labia minora? Does having large labia minora mean you have a "loose *****", and are not the "ideal tight..." Sorry to be so descript. Is having larger labia minora mean that your tendency to smell bad down there is greater? Again, I would appreciate honest answers, I am not looking to hear "if your husband enjoys it that is all that matters". I just want to know!!! Thanks to everyone who replies to this.
To be honest, the size of the labia is never a make or break factor when it comes to being attracted to a female. I would not worry about it, and I would accept that your husband likes it. Don't worry. You're fine.
wow, to bad, you missed a great run on this same question a while ago from some poor girl who worried about hers.  the general thought on this was that your just awesome the way you are, and that most guys (myself included) are happy enough to
be in bed to begin with, to gripe about something so trivial.
we are all different in some way, spend enough time on the mens health forum and you'll see what we yap and stress about all day.     is too small, is it too big, is it ment to be this color, whats this thing on it ?......    you get it ?   your cool.       worry about the weather instead ! haha     l.e.
thanks, i know its not something i am stressing over, again like i said, my husband is content.  but i just really wondered!!! its not something that is going to make me self conscious or anything, i am just truely curious! my coworkers were really making fun of RBP, so i just assumed it was a not so hot quality, you know? i dunno, but thanks.
sorry, did not want to imply that you were stressed in any way.
i'm glad things are cool.        l.e.
I'll Diddo L.E. and add....There's no such thing as an ugly vagina (and all the parts that comes with it).  And it in no way can it effect your smell down there. That would be a different issue for the ladies to discuss.  

My thought is that like that of men with Penis Envy it may be the same with the Ladies with their genital Organs as well.

My opinion as a male that has played the court with many a woman is that be happy with what God Gave you. I say this because a dear lady friend is having to have reconstructive surgery there and has been told that she may not ever have the sexual appearances there she once had.  The accident she had was the type that nearly took her life.

TO me a woman's ***** is a form of art that our good God gave you and the same goes for the guys with their cocks and the sizes they are concerned with.  

Be grateful for what you have. If you can have sexual Intercourse, or enjoy the sexual act and derive pleasure then be grateful as it can always be worse than what it is.

Lucky
men don't have "penis envy" (we have them) but woman do (some) !
                     l.e.
oh yes...psyc 101 is coming back to me now. if i remember correctly, "penis envy" is a stage of sexual development that us gals go through when we realize we do not have one. we desire a penis and the power it represents! oh, we fall in love with our mothers and our fathers. better than XXXX today!
as for you boys...its all about "castration anxiety". a time of sexual development when you boys realize you have something hanging when we do not. you fear its about to be chopped off. OUCH! that is why.. my male friends... you always have your hand/s down in your pants. its because of this term (castration anxiety). you are just making sure "its" still there! you never proceeded to the next level of development i guess..LOL!
its all much more complex than that and we have our good buddy freud to thank. you should check it out...it really very facinating.
i was not attacking woman, just getting terminology straight for
the other poster.  and i myself NEVER fell in love with a family member YUCK !!  and i never worried about my penis in the way you described, from day one i saw my penis in the same way darth vader sees his light saber, and the force has been with me ever since. hahaha             i love ya oc3, but i just had to respond. sorry      l.e.
oh no..no..no..i was totally supporting what YOU said about penis envy to the other poster. i was just talking about freud and his philosophy and got carried away. i do not recall going through any of that myself (although unconsciously). i think i do remember wanting to marry my father which is part of it.
its all so bizarre.
most girls do have a thing for their dads at a certain point,
their very first male figure i guess. most messed up girls i know, had negative relationships with there dads (and step dads) so i guess it's a healthy part of a girls developement.  i should have never doubted you anyway.you rule the roost !     l.e.
yes..i DO rule the roost and dont you ever forget it. now its just convincing my husband that i do! LOL...
no, ya cant argue with THE sigmund freud. you were right in saying men dont experience penis envy..its the woman who do. thats why i was supporting you but you decided to go and get it all mixed up..lol.
love ya leaf
sorry, i had a brain fart, and i needed to be reoriented.
do you have an identical twin sister ? ! hahaha
                      l.e.
why yes...i do!
no, she is 43, married, kid but we are like twins..best o buds!
i'm just glad you came to your senses. you know that "matter" you were talking about? i got one too!!
no way ?!!!   thats wierd, your nice and you never get angry.
i don't get it.             l.e.
i didnt (still dont) understand it either but either way i'm still "in!"
I've been around the block a few times (57yrs) and in my humble opinion, (as well as most of my male friends), larger labia is much, much, sexier than very small.  Trust me, for guys, large labia is very much a turn on.  I wouldn't worry about it.
Hi,I can tell you that women with large Majora Labias are far more sexy than women with small Majora Labias.Also it has been proven that women with larger Major Labias can climax easier.It is very strange as they are now pumps for women to make there Labias larger,and they are selling very fast.I note you are speaking of the Minora Labia which may produce a loser feeling and sometimes women have surgery for that reason,but women with larger Major Labias most of the time have larger amounts of testosterone in there system making sex better for them.Also for some reason more than likely the larger amount of testosterone also in these women make them have a larger clitoris,making sex more plesant for them and also easier for her to climax.I say more power to the Majora Labias!
Honestly, I have NEVER been concerned about this and nor should you. I had a friend who confided in me that she had the same problem and I felt terrible that she'd been worrying herself about it, because I could care less. Would I want her to care that I am/am not circumcised, am large/small, etc.? Of course not! So why should I care if a girl's labia are smaller and larger than others? Your husband may be being honest; if you had no vagina, he'd love you.
I know the original post is old but I hope you read this.  Nothing is wrong with roast beef, it is a term used to describe a thick hanging snatch. The best part is that it lends more to play with during oral sex.  I havent seen an ugly vagina and you have no worries.
I know this is an old post.  Should you waunder back and read this then great.  I love large lips.  When I meet a new woman I love to reach into her pants or up her skirt and when I feel her  ***** I just go nuts when I feel those full fat lips.  It makes me get so excited that I can hardly wait to take her panties off (if she is wearing any) and start to feel, suck, lick and **** her awesome lips.  I envy your hubsand for having a woman who has such an awesome asset.
i like long labia . more to suck on ,pull  stretch apart  attach things to .  love them
It's a really nice and uplifting message to say "you are beautiful ..., you are special and your large labia is beautiful." However, although unspoken by many "sensitive men," the truth is most men prefer small "tucked in" labias. Why? One reason is that men are programmed (not by culture but by nature/genes) to be attracted to symetry and all thing symetrical. It's all about the left brain, folks. John Stossel (ABC) once had a special on this. I suppose that the small "tucked in" vagina appears more symetrical, while the largia labia appears asymetrical and perhaps even confusing. Still, to be too critical of large labias would be to criticize the one who created them, "GOD," for those who are religiously inclined. Although you don't want to hear it, your husband loves YOU - and not just for sex.  I have always seen my ex girlfriends as "best friends" first, and not thinking of them only in a sexual way. They were people first, afterall.
Your original question was for an honest answer from men about large inner labia. Personally, I find that very erotic. Attraction is to the woman, the whole person. But big lips are erotic.
okay, i know you guys are only talking about large labias...but mine are dark/discolored, thick, and kind of flappy.  i don't think they're extremely long (not over an inch), but it's definitely something i've been very self-conscious about...to the point where it has even prevented me from getting it on with guys in the past.  this isn't something i have enough guts to surgically alter, but jeez...what else can i do?
I cringed when I read your post. I don't know if "most men" prefer what a friend of mine calls "traditional" lips, but I do know that most men are morons with zero aesthetic sense. You've seen how they dress, what cars they drive etc. If you encounter a guy who's not into large, "non-traditional" labia, he is one of the morons and should not be of concern. There is nothing better in the world than large labia, especially darker ones.  Size does matter with women as well as men. If a guy doesn't get it -- his loss.
I see you've had a lot of posts on this issue, but I thought I'd throw in my two cent's worth. There is NOTHING sexier than a luscious pair of large labia, girl, so just forget about your issues with them! I consider you blessed if you have them, they are permanently in the state that any man in his right mind would wish to see them in. Stimulation of the vagina increases the blood flow to the area, and during normal sexual relations, they engorge with blood, and swell, and darken. This is a visual stimulation for the man, and you are already there, before you start! Enjoy them, and if your man doesn't enjoy them, then he needs a serious attitude adjustment.
i prefer natural breasts and natural vaginas
.basically a natural woman.i do not like tattoos,dyed hair,or piercings.
Seriously. Get over it. I say this as a woman who has exactly the same "dark/discolored, thick, and kind-of flappy" situation - just measured them at 4mm long. I mooned a camera at the age of 14 and was nick-named droopy by the two friends who saw it. Yes, some men prefer small girl-like labia, but I doubt your husband is one of them. I now see my situation as an asset because they add to friction during sex making it tighter for my partner when they slip in, and the swelling in my underwear seen during fore-play drives him nuts. As for if it smells, well keep it clean and some wipes around if you are concerned about that - I doubt it is more or less than others.

I feel like the real issue is that YOU don't find them attractive and are looking for someone to confirm a conclusion upon which you have already arrived. Yes, they are different, but embrace your difference. I used to have issues and wanted surgery because some clothes were uncomfortable to wear, but - now - having had a fair amount of partners go wild for that part of my body and a current partner who sees it as a visible indicator of my sexuality (guys are visual so to see my sex parts is a turn-on for him) - I wouldn't trade it for the world. Embrace it, play with it for him to see and I promise you in no time you will love the thing that makes you different too.
My wife has large inner labia and although we've been married 6 years now, I can still remember the first time I saw them. They were an instant turn on and definitely boosted my overall attraction to her. She has disclosed her insecurities about them to me and also recalled how her classmates teased her in the shower. Personally, I much rather seeing large labia than just a plain slit. That brings us to another point, women who only  have a plain slit and are envious of the size of other womens' labia.
Different men have different tastes.  Despite what bucko (and maybe others) have said, I DEFINITELY prefer larger labia!  Nice big ones that protrude seductively and invitingly.  Ones you can flap around with your tongue or grab hold of with your lips and pull on.  Oh yes!

Some men prefer big ****, some small.  Some prefer natural ****, others are happy with enhanced ones.  Big butts, small butts, thin as a rake or got some flesh on her, there are as many tastes as there are girls to meet them!  Same with labia - but put me on the big ones list!
I absolutely love large, pouty pu$$y lips! There is nothing hotter than seeing a woman who possesses large labia bending over to display them for you. (Actually, I don't really care how they are displayed, they are just hot!)  Large lips give you more to do when you are orally pleasing a woman. They are great to suck on and carress with your tongue.

HDChick - Nearly every one one of us, male or female, have different colors or different shades of skin about our play-time parts. Your lips are probably darker than "normal" due to a larger amount of blood vessles/capillaries. That's a good thing... Know why? INCREASED AROUSAL! Don't be shy about giving it up when you need it. If you run into a guy that doesn't appreciate your pu$$y, keep looking, because there are plenty of us men out there who would love to spend some time with it!
I am not so young anymore, but I have always enjoyed seeing and sucking large lips, as well as normal boobs that jiggle and sway, not those hard stuffed ones. Spent years at nudist clubs, and you get jaded after seeing a few thousand naked females. But a woman who goes by with bouncing boobs labia protruding ,It is so erotic, like she is more exposed than other women. So hot!  I have to fight off erection. Of course shaved accents them and that is great. Show us real men the goodies ladies, not some tight little slit .Just love to lick, suck and nibble large inner labias, no matter what shade of color. Just as ladies enjoy viewing erections, instead of flacids. Keep the meat.
I love this forum, men worrying that their penis is to small and looking for a way to make it bigger, for goodness sakes we have what we have and should all be happy.

I guess by todays standard I havent made love to many women, just 9, each and every one had a different looking vagina, I never gave it a second thought as to if it was pretty or not so pretty, it was the person I was with that counted, I think some folks tend to spend to much time worrying about their genitals, time that would be better spent doing something constructive.

None of us is perfect some have a large libia others a 2 inch long foreskin, either way it is the persons heart that should be loved and frankly I would not care one iota what a womans vagina looked like, I actualy think a large libia would be a turn on.

My exWife had a massive Varicose Vein running along the edge of her vagina, she worried about it and I could not care less, I didnt find it off putting in any way, they eventualy removed it when they gave her a hystorecomy.

My advice is dont make something out of nothing, life is to short, your husband does love you, just the way you are, I love my wife to pieces but she has had 5 kids and her vagina has stretched, to make matters worse she has a prolapsed bladder, it does not stop me making love to this wonderful person, she is my soul mate and I love her for herself not what her genitals are like.
Crazy, I wish more people thought like you.  That is one of the most uplifting and honest things I've ever read.  I completely agree - people are too worried about what their equipment looks like.

The most important thing is that your equipment works!  Stop worrying about cosmetics and instead concentrate on function.  Keep everything in good working order, and worry about making yourself and your loved ones happy.  Not whether or not your penis (or labia) could use an upgrade.

And if you're with someone who wants you to change your body like that for them, f**k em.

Morgannon
Yeah, crazywillie's fun, ain't he?

So level-headed.
Thank goodness!  I have been watching shows and reading information about people who have surgery to fix their large labia minoras and I felt really bad about mine.  Not only knowing that other women have this but that guys seem pretty cool with it has made me feel much better and confident.  

Thank you!
But what if you want to be an underwear model?
then you have to get surgery.
i hate mine, its very embarassing.
and im not doing anything sexual until im 18 and get it fixed.
Holl;

Underwear cover the labia - why do you think you have to have surgery to be that kind of model?  Have you ever seen the labia of underwear models?  Probably not.  So how would you know what ideal labia look like?  Oh yeah, thanks to Britney, Lindsay, and Paris, we now know exactly what the "ideal" labia look like.

Look, I know there's a lot of pressure to have genitals (and the rest of the body) be "perfect", but you have to put this in perspective - once you hit 60, everything ends up drooping anyway, no matter how much plastic surgery you have.  Why put a temporary "fix" on what God gave you?  And why in the world would you let your poor attitude about your natural body keep you from enjoying sex once you become an adult?  

In addition to all this, if you remove part of your labia, you run a very high risk of losing some sensation in them.  So, in other words, you run the risk of DIMINISHING your pleasure in order to CONFORM with the "ideal" labia type.

And don't think that this problem is unique to women - guys have tremendous pressure to have penises that conform to the "long ****" stereotype.  

The solution is - understand that NO ONE is perfect.  And if you focus on your physical appearance, and the importance of it, you will end up unhappy and miserable.  I've known very good looking people, and with one exception, they have NOTHING to offer mentally or emotionally.  I'll pass.

Underwear does cover it, but does NOT hide it. theres a bump. not sexy.
I have also worried about mine as well since I was about 14. I'm 32 now and still have never spoken about them to anyone, even though I have has sexual relationships and am now married with 2 children.
My husband seems to like them but I am too shy to bring it up in conversation. I think he knows how I feel as he has never mentioned it.
I know I am normal, but I don't like the way they look.
Well, you may not find them sexy, but look on this thread - lots of men do.  Obviously, we're going to have to "agree to disagree" on this issue.  Do what makes you happy :)

PrettyPolly;

I bet he does like them.  Maybe he knows you're shy about the topic.  Do you and he view erotic photographs together?  You could always point out a woman with large labia and ask what he likes about her.

Morgannon
We don't really look at erotic pics together no, but I know he looks at this type of thing frm time to time, and so do I.
I have to admit I do feel better about myself since finding this forum, and no longer the freak I once felt like.
I used to not shave down there as I hoped I could cover them up, but now I realise I probably made it look worse!

I also used to worry when in my teens what boys would think and if they would tell their friends my vagina was different from other girls.
In the showwrs at school I used to try and tuck the inner labia into the outer labia to hide them. Has anyone else done this?! What a funny question to ask I guess!!
Yup, i tried to tuck it too.
I always wondered if somthing was seriously wrong with mine, like cancer or somthing, because all the other girls at my school wouldnt have huge bumps in their pants like mine.
I feel a little bit more normal now, much thanks.
In fact, i feel at a bit of an advantage...;)
Yeah it's good to know I'm not the only one.
Having just watched a tv programme where a woman was worried about the size of her labia I have been wondering about whether i should consider surgery to reduce the size of mine..oh how glad I am to have found this forum!! I have always wondered what guys think about big juicy labia and have been pretty self conscious over the years, especially when I was younger. Now older and a bit wiser I've accepted the way I am but until now never realised that many guys found them such a turn-on. My thanks go out to you lovely men who appreciate that big is beautiful and that what nature gave us is absolutely perfect just as they are..time to say goodbye to the last remnants of self consciousness in the labia department! x
what programme do you mean? was it in the UK?
> I have always wondered what guys think about big juicy labia...

What else to think, you just said it: juicy! This is oral paradise for men enjoying to offer oral pleasure to a woman.
Hi there, Glad you're still checking for messages.. yes the programme was on tv here in the uk but they have a website set up named after the programme "Embarrassing Bodies".. it was quite an eye opener to see all the weird and wonderful variations of both mens and womens intimate parts and actually made me feel ok about accepting what nature handed out, after all if someone's finds us attractive enough to want to sleep with us then i'm sure they're not going to be put off by the minor (or major) details!! They showed the woman after she'd had her labia reduced,, at some ridiculous price I'm sure and yeah she looked all neat and trimmed but i don't think it's the way to go..she'll probably just find some other imperfection to blame next and then where does it end??
And hey just check out what most of these guys are saying..I'd say it was all very positive!! Be happy and trust that all is just as it should be! x
Why is the slang term~name refered as Roast Beef for a large {wrinkly} labia minora and for a {smooth} majora is called rose petal. Though, i thought many men mock us woman with this. It comfirms on the Urban Dictonary.  Woman with large labia's get mocked just like men with other men who have a small penis. Why is this? I am only 17 and it looks like i have had intercourse when i am still a virgin. I am so conscious!.
I still feel consious of mine, i have been feeling ill about it for the last four weeks straight. I had a nurse check on it and she wouldn't look so it made me very sad and hurt. Also i have tried to cut the gland or tape it together. I thought it was due to masturbation or penetration into the vagina. Honestly, i need help, it's not because it is just your private parts it is your self image and i am an artsy type with asperger and we tend to be mad.  
It made me cry when it said online that men call it an elephant seal.
At least you have someone who wants you for you. I will be lucky even if i had an relationship with a guy. It makes me feel lonely and brings me down to deep despire. I know you want men to answer this and i am sorry for making judgement or interfing.
Don't worry about it. The size would never make or break anything for me. I wouldn't even care. People like to cut other people down at times to make themselves feel taller. This is probably what your co-workers were doing. If the guy is not interested in you because of something trivial like this then it is a great indicator of the type of person he is and you are better off knowing it. Your fine. Never think or worry about this again. Did you know that the new mars lander is now getting ready to did up water hopefully on the pole of Mars? Anyway there are better thinkgs to think about, best of luck
kchick FORGET about it, this is silly, if a guy doesn't like you because of it you are lucky to get rid of him I guarantee most men wouldn't care at all, there will be a small percentage who are retards and those guys, trust me I know many are just being jerks cause it gets them off to make people feel shity. Forget about it you are worrying over nothing at all.
That last comment was directed at you RedRosePetals. And I mean it!!
Your problem is no problem, for every guy who thinks it is a prolem there would be 100 who wouldn't care less, believe me the size of a girls bits mean nothing to a guy and the only time they would make comments is when they are talking **** with their mates.
it wouldn't worry me in the least.
I love vagina no matter how it looks as long as it isn't dirty. That is the truth but I can tell you that being insecure about your body is more of a turn off. All guys are so happy when they get it they probably won't notice. Also alot of guys are insecure too so don't worry about it.
im 17 years old and a virgin. A couple of days ago my friend waxed me down there and she was sooo disgusted when she saw the extra skin hanging out n asked 'ewww wats dat, why have you got that coz i dont?' and up until that very day i didnt no there was anything wrong with me i thought everybody had it.
Now it adds onto my list of insecurities but as many as ive gt im sure the man i end up with has just as many insecurities, but i wouldnt love him any less if he was less then perfect, because love is about being with an imperfect person and knowing that they are perfect for you.

i wouldnt surgically remove it although i have thought about it but i dont think anything is worth the pain of being immobile for weaks, the pain puts me off. Also im rather hoping to find a husbad like yours who will love me n my insecurities.
You sound like a beautiful person. And from a mans point of view it is not different it is still the same thing. And we love that thing regardless of how it looks trust me. Men have alot of insecurities like you say so don't worry about it. If you save yourself that is a gift that so many women can't give the man they love when they finally find him. For most it is not a big deal, but if you find the perfect one you want to be with it is a beautiful gift. good luck
The term, "roast beef" sounds derogatory, and being that it more than likely was invented by the male gender probably makes it sound worse.  I too have used this term, but only to guy friends when discussing large labia minora in private, just to ensure we were all on the same sheet.  Any educated person knows that large lips are not a result of hyperactivity in the "nether region," does not promote odor, etc.  Some are big, some are little. Some are huge, some or non-existant.  Some men ARE put off by large inners, but rest assured most are not.  I am actually the opposite,  To me, they are a huge attraction.  An ex-girlfriend (one I let get away--dummy) had a very large labia minora.  Her older sister used to harass her growing up about looking like a boy down there, which was really a shame, because it really gave her a complex about it.  I couldn't get enough of it!  I was so amazed by its appearance; I thought it so beautiful.  By the way, in contrast, her vaginal circumference was rather small.  I know I am in no way unigue in my appreciation for "roast beef."  Many men I know love it too.  I have encountered several women who were on the larger scale down there, and they all felt embarassed by it.  What a crime.  Of course, now the cosmetic medical community is capitalizing on this by offering labiaplasty, which sickens me (unless of course, it would be a problem where physical discomfort is a problem or other complicating medical issue).  But to take away something so beautiful just because one was led to believe it is wrong with a stigma attatched, yikes.  I truly wish most were bigger! HONESTLY.
I have this same problem, except only one labia is too large and the other is a size that I'm comfortable with. It makes more sense to me that it would be an "all-or-nothing" kind of thing, where either both are small or both are large, but instead I have two very different sizes. Is this abnormal? It's not a physical issue in any way (no discomfort or anything like that) just a source of insecurity.
I would just like to put this all in perspective for everyone. While you are worried about your vaginas and penises, someone out there is worried about dying of prostate cancer or ovarian cancer or dealing with HIV. I understand that everyone wonders what is normal. But the only reason we think about what is normal is because we think because we've been told that there is such thing as normal. And who will name themselves God to tell us what is normal? No one seriously as long as you think about it like that. I once gave a speech in my public speaking class about labiaplasty and how it was against my core belief unless it was used as a relief for birth defects or for a woman who had just been damaged after surgery. Now we have women who look at porn stars and think they aren't good enough so they bring these pictures of porn to the doc's, point at the picture and say, "I want it to look like this". They don't realize (and the men probably don't either) how much airbrushing and photoshopping goes into that ****. Then you hear of husbands telling their wives after they have given birth to children that they are too loose and they just don't want her anymore. The speech I gave had the class rolling with laughter, but in reality it's sick. F-ing SICK. I would like all the self conscious men and women in the world to stand naked in front of a mirror and look themselves in the face and realize that they have been subjected to the constant feed of **** coming out of the television. Then I want them all to have the realization that there IS NO SUCH THING AS PRETTY OTHER THAN YOUR OWN LABELS and run outside naked screaming through the streets, "I"M FREE. I'm F-ing FREE from the bull these people are trying to tell me. It doesn't really matter what I look like." Because in TRUTH you can be the sexiest guy and if you are  a jerk you are a HUGE turn off. Same thing with the chicks. I work in a bar and I see so much hype about the way people look. And self conscious people are not helping the situation. DO I ever get self conscious? Sure. I think it's natural to question. It's the conclusions that some of you people come up with that worry me. The conclusion that you are something less than someone else or what you wish you were. If you spent the time you spend coming up with your conclusions that are not EVER based on fact because they are OPINIONS on asking yourself who you are, what you stand for and where you want to go in life you might be a lot happier (no guarantees) than you are right now whinning in the mirror over your labia. I'm a chick and I'm 24 and I don't give a **** what I look like because if a man isn't attracted to me the way I am then that's his problem. If I'm too loose for him, I'll buy HIM a penis pump. And more women should get over it and say, "to heck with it, I'm not going to focus my attention on my looks, I'm going to worry about how we as a community are going to solve starvation or one of the many thousand other MORE IMPORTANT TO LIFE questions than what my **** looks like in the mirror." I know this sounds a lot like a rant and I apologize to those who are offended by my words but everywhere I turn women are giving up their own power. Men do it constantly too. And to all the men who are worried about your penis size I would say this: "For every chick who thinks size matters, there is one who knows better." And BTW you can be TOO BIG and it hurt. The reality is, just be you. Worry about things that matter. Worry about the fact that the Federal Reserve isn't Federal at all, it's privatized. Worry about the fact that the 16th amendment was fraudulently ratified by Humphrey Knox. Anyway, you get my drift. I love you all even though I don't know you. You are beautiful just the way you are. But don't take my word for it. Take as much time as you need to discover it for yourselves.
Please, please… Google this website - Large Labia Productions. There are tons of guys out there that not just love, but worship large labias. I read a brilliant article on how Playboy influenced the persona of perfect in this country. The US government deemed discreet graphic genitalia to overly erotic and was prohibited to be shown (1960s). Playboy wasn’t allowed to show labias. Mind you, this is the government validating that a larger labia was too sexually stimulating. Other countries with a long history of Victorian prudishness have been among the most conservative in this regard. Until recently British broadcasters had to follow the ILOOLI rule — inner labia are out (not allowed), outer labia are in (allowed). In Australia a magazine is deemed porn if it shows an image of a woman with protruding inner labia. The size and shape of her labia is a decisive factor in their rule of "discreet genital detail". As for that attitude in other countries, again, larger labia size linked with eroticism. Playboy, having survived 40+ years and being now the mainstay and persona of class, the models therein seen in the same way. The more ‘erotic’ genitally endowed women turned away forcibly by government mandate. So, in a nutshell, the government influenced censorship, which in turn only introduced the populous to small labias. If that is all we were introduced to, than anything other than this would seem abnormal. Years ago I showed a friend of mine some pictures of a large labia’d woman and he was amazed… he kept saying over and over, “I never knew”. He was easily converted in that moment to being a large labia lover. It wasn’t his conversion that surprised me, that seemed a natural one, but the fact that he had never seen a large labia before.
I just love big labia. The biggest is the best. Didn't you know they are also called " sexual skin"? How could you think to excise them ? The great majority of men prefer big labia. Consult forums about it ( Mister Poll included ) to see that preference !
There is a hue and cry for the size and shape of the genitals. in reality every atom of our body takes part into sexual intercourse.Every atom has intelligence. we should be aware of the whole body rather than just genitals.Awareness of the whole body will give immense pleasure while reaching climax.Genitals should be considered just peripherals.
I came on here to ask the same question! I actually didn't realise that protruding inner labia was an issue until about about 10 years ago when reading about women having labioplasty surgery. I've been married for nearly 20 years and before that was very sexually promiscuous and not one man I have had sex with has ever ever mentioned the size of my labia! So maybe its not that pretty if u want to pose for porn magazines but I also orgasm very easily and really enjoy sex so maybe the big ones are better for that....I imagine the feel of the lips wrapping round the penis may be quite pleasurable for the man too.
why do u care what men at work say or think? you have a husband that loves you. I've heard men talk like that, and they are generally people i wouldn't go anywhere near. talkin like that and acting like a moron, extremely unattractive.

my ex-boyfriend loved me and we had an amazing sex life for 3 years (broke up cos we wanted different things in life).  despite watching embarrassing bodies together which included a woman with large labia, he never once said anything about mine. maybe cos he didnt want to 'hurt my feelings' but i also know its cos he DIDN'T CARE. why would he when we had such great sex and was lucky to have such an amazing girlfriend??

when it comes down to it u really think any man is thinking much about how aesthetically pleasing your **** is when he's gettin his end away? and if he is..errrm serious issues.

just enjoy yourself and be confident, that's what men find most attractive. FACT.
When I date a woman,and the first time she lets my touch her,or we have sex.If she has large inner labia,it is such a turn on for me.I love those longer lips,so much more fun to go down on her.And they just look so sexy.Your husband is a lucky man,to have access to some large lips anytime he wants.I really envy him.My Perfect woman has,small breasts,big nipples,a beautieful round ***,and long inner labia.The more labia the better.I love to look at them,play with them,and lick and suck them.Usually long labia,means a large clitoris too.And that is an added bonus too.
Stop worrying about the colour of your labia.That is part of your beauty.I love to see all the subtle,variations in womens labia.The different textures,lengths of the inner labia,how much of a mound her outer labia make,how some labia are darker on the edges and get lighter as they get closer to the actual vaginal opening,or how some are purplish or so dark as to be almost black.Sexy,there is absoutely nothing wrong with your labia.Every woman has variations in colour,size,texture,taste,smell,hair (or no hair),so don't let it worry you.Your labia are beautieful,don't let anyone tell you anything different.Some lucky guy is going to be verry,verry happy to wrap his lips around your lips.As for those girls with those little pink only lips,I feel sorry for them,as they have been short changed.When a man has been with a woman,that has a large set of inner labia,with various colouring.He doesn'soon forget the experience,and he will probably be judging any other labia he sees,using the beauty of your labia.And if he doesn't he is definately a fool.
My husband said he'd divorce me if I had surgery to remove mine! He absolutely LOVES them! :)
I'm going to say basically the same thing I said to hollister babe to all of you who are blessed with large labia.

I am a guy who is in fact married to a woman with large  dark labia. she too is a bit embarrased by them, and none of you should be. I find that large and dark labia are EXTREMELY beautiful and a huge turn on. One of the real shames of this world is the popularity of vaginoplasty. Ladies, unless you have had some injury, or they are so large that they actually cause you physical pain, PLEASE leave them alone, embrace them, be proud of them. They are the center of your sexualiy and they are beautiful. Any man who claims not to appreciate them is either lying to you, is too new at life in general to know what he wants, and probably wouldn't know what to do with it if he did, or he isn't all that into what you have in the in the first place if you catch my drift. best of luck to you.
I know that there are a lot of negative terms for the lippier amongst you. I believe the one I hear over and over is roast beef. This is something I almost always hear from women, and usually directed at any woman who dares to be sexually expressive. I hope that makes my point. On the subject of roast beef, and, excuse my crudeness with this one, but the thought just makes me hungry.
I have found that labia size really has no relation to vaginal tightness, which as far as i'm concerned isn't nearly as important as arousal and enthusiasm. And on the subject of arousal, it has been my experience that once you get past being self conscious, Women with larger, and for that matter, darker labia tend to be much more sexually responsive (Take note of that one guys), and in fact, the more aroused you become, the larger and darker they will become as more blood is pumped into the vaginal tissues. Which will make them even more sensitive, and will make sex even more enjoyable.  While most boys might prefer smaller labia, most MEN, prefer them big and thick and dark. And who wants to get with a boy anyway. Ladies, drop the boys, and go find a man who loves you, and knows what a treasure looks like when he sees it.
Thanks to all the men who responded with positive thoughts about large labia.  I have always been a very sexual person, but about four years ago, (around 25 yrs old) I realized that my vagina looked different than those of women in Playboy, porn, etc., (also heard some guy friends making fun of "roast beef") and have since felt SO self-conscious that I stopped having sex altogether.  Reading this, though, makes me feel less self-conscious (not going to be fixed by reading one blog post) and somewhat like I've wasted a lot of my youth on a misunderstanding.  Damn!
I love big juicy labia. Have been with many women with larger lips. And now I actually seek these type of woman out. There is absolutely no correlation between lip size and tightness or smell.
Girl, I am 29 yrs old an unfortunately  most people would consider me a "man *****".  Thankfully having been with a decent amount of women (an having worked at adult clubs for 6 yrs) I have seen a lot of pussies. Every man has that specific area that makes him horny as all get out, be it the butt, legs, breasts,stomach whatever. Mine is the butt, that being said everytime I am lucky enough to find a lady who has large vaginal lips, my heart starts racing, an I literally can feel my heart beat in my **** as it throbs because it turns me on so much! I wish every woman had lips like this as I so love to go down on them for HOURS! I cannot say it clearly enough, large lips are the absolute sexiest thing God ever placed on the female body! So, be proud of that *****, an when ur husband says he loves it... He is saying it because he does, not because he can't say the truth for fear you will cut him off.
Also I notice ladies with large lips tend to *** a lot easier!;)  
I've read that in some countries they actually stretch theirs out on purpose. The reason is it makes sex more gratifying for both partners to have the extra flesh. Usually these women have orgasm easier and always enjoy sex. It does Not make you "looser". It has nothing to do with the hole, LOL. And there is absolutely no reason it would make you less hygienic than anyone else as long as you clean yourself. Some men are just ignorant, I'm sure if they had a chance to feel it they would change their mind:)