My fiance is having fantasies
ok so my fiance and i have been together for 5years and have a healthy sex life. He has admitted to me that he has been having vivid sexual fantasies about other women for the last few months, he has also started having wet dreams which is a new thing. We have recently started eating healthier and exercising more. Could this be a mental problem or is this a mental thing? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
When you say "could this be a mental problem," do you mean could he be crazy?  No, having fantasies about women is not crazy.  I'd be more worried about whether he wishes he was out of the relationship.  What does he say about that aspect?  Maybe he's just getting nervous about your upcoming wedding and they represent "escape" (whether or not he intends really to try to escape, having fantasies of escape when one is stressed is not unusual).
I realize that fantasies are normal but he says it has now become "most days most of the time" He says it has nothing to do with me, which is why he told me. We have been engaged since May last year and have not even considered a date yet and we are both quite happy with just being engaged. I meant for the first "mental" to be "medical" could there be link between this and  a change of diet perhaps? He says it tortures him to sit and think about this all day. I honestly dont think he wants out of the relationship, he said he doesnt anyway. He has been having an enormous amount of stress at work, do you think that could be a factor? As long as he remains faithful (which im sure he has or he probably wouldnt have told me about it) im okish with it. Could there be a link between this and testosterone levels perhaps?
If it's unwanted thoughts, most days most of the time, he should talk to his doctor or a therapist, to see where unwanted mental interruptions (of any sort) come from.  Cognitive behavioral therapy is good for getting rid of stuff that you're kind of churning on, but it would probably be useful to know why it happens, too.
Thanks very much, i feel better about it knowing something can be done. I really appreciate your help.
10356 commented on gma
Sep 22
drifter0213 commented on gma
Sep 20
hereoto is male Comment
Sep 18
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle