Men's Health Community
Poor Circulation In Legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Poor Circulation In Legs

The question is about my husband.
He is 37 yrs old. For about the past two months he has been having trouble with the circulation in his legs from the knees down. He also doesn't seem to have as much stamina. He was playing football with our son and seemed to get winded much quicker than usual. He is probably about 25 lbs overweight but has since lost about 10 lbs of that and has started trying to watch what he eats but of course not really exercising because of the other issue I mentioned. This has been very sudden. He was working strenuously around mid January.
He had 4 kidney stones around Valentines Day and we are dating the onset around a week before that the sypmtoms began.

We went to the Dr. this past Monday, his blood pressure was 138/72. They did a blood workup, we got the results today they said every thing looked "very good". His triglycerides were slightly elevated they said but nothing to worry about.

We tend to get concerned due to the fact that he has major heart disease on both sides of his family. His father had his first heart attack at 38 and has already had open heart surgery.

Is is possible that there would be heart or other issues even though all of these other tests came back good?
If he has edema along with his poor circulation causing the pain and it is a sudden as you say you may want to ask your doctor to perform an abdominal CAT scan because this can be an indication of an aortic constriction in the abdomen and can be very serious.  I'm not saying this is what he has but I'm 40 years old and these are my symptoms and my diagnosis.
Thanks.
No there is no edema present in his abdomen or legs.
Just the poor circulation in his legs like they are falling asleep he says.
Thanks for your reply.