Possible epididymitis, please read.
I went to my doctor two days ago after having pain inside my left testicle for the past 4-5 days. Though the pain is not extreme or anything, it only hurts when my left testicle comes in contact with anything. The doctor said it might be epididymitis but i have to take an ultrasound to be sure.

The thing is my appointment for the ultrasound isn't before 2 weeks and i am very worried about my testicle as i'm only 21 and can't risk my "family jewels" like this. I am afraid it might get worse waiting. My doctor made it seem like i had nothing to worry about, he told me to take pain killers and wait for my ultrasound.
I have tried getting an earlier appointment, but this is the earliest i could get.

The reason my left testicle hurts is probably due to accidentally getting hit in the testicles by a 5-7 year old child, which happened almost 2 weeks ago. The blow wasn't even that hard, the blow itself hurt, not much but still. The days after i was fine until last saturday when i started getting pain in my left testicle. So after hearing this and checking the testicles my doctor thinks it might most probably be epididymitis.
I should also mention that the only symptom i have is pain in the left testicle. It hurts to touch it. Everything else seem normal, no pain when urinating etc etc.

Anyways my question is basically this:

Is it dangerous for me to wait 2 weeks for an ultrasound rather than having it straight away?

What should i do in the meantime in order to prevent any further damage other than taking pain killers?

I would appreciate a medical proffesionals input.
Bump