Men's Health Community
Testicular Lump Comes and Goes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Testicular Lump Comes and Goes

Alright, I have been EVERYWHERE on this blasted interweb looking for someone with a situation similar to mine. I have read so many damn forum postings that I think it is stressing me out more just because I have heard other peoples problems then figuring out my own!

Here is the deal:

On my left testicle there will occasionally be a small lump on the very bottom of the testicle. The lump is smaller than a pea, perhaps like a small BB. It comes and will last for no longer than say 10-20 minutes as far as I can tell. I have been checking for it a lot recently because I am obviously getting pretty freaked out with the whole cancer scare thing. It can also happen on the right side, but not as frequently. It feels to me that it is a part of the epididymus (spelling?) that sort of swells up or something like that. I have done enough self checks in the past week or so that I know it is not a consistent lump or swelling so I shouldn't be too scared about the cancer thing but I just need some reassurance. It does occur in the same place every time when it happens. I do take adderall (adderrall) for ADD which has a strange affect on a lot of things, but it does cause the entire genital "equipment" to contract when I am on it and I was wondering if that could have anything to do with it? I am sexually active and do masturbate, but not to any crazy excess. I don't have any pain when using the equipment, but there are times that I feel a very very dull ache in the pelvic region. I should also note that I am a glass blower and spend a lot of time sitting down, hunched over, probably putting a little too much pressure on the region. I also think I am getting some pain in the area because I am constantly feeling it and checking it for a lump. When I am not working and "free-ballin", the pain is not there.

I just did a self test and there are no problem, no pain, no nothing. An hour ago I could feel the little lump at the base of my left testicle tho. The only time I have been able to really notice it occurring consistently is in the morning after I get out of bed. For the record, I know I need to see a doctor. I am living abroad right now and I will be seeing my physician in december and will obviously be demanding an ultrasound of the area. I am just looking for a little something to either "relax my balls" and you can freak me out even more. Any input would be most appreciated.

Let me know, I'll be waiting eagerly!
Thanks so much
I wonder if this can help! In a book entitled "Acupunctures without needles"A chapter on boosting Sexual Power It says you can compress the scrotum with its total content 25 times a day.Compression may increase blood blood circulation in the region and take care of your problem.
Testicular massage is also prescribed In Toaist Yoga book. Here you fingers down below testes and with the thumb use rotary movement on testis(no pressure).This can also help to increase blood circulation..
I will try that out, but is there any chance you can speculate as to what my problem actually is?
I actually think that all the self checking has made the problem less severe, thus corresponding with your later idea. I will continue with this.
I have no idea about this symptom. I suggested Scrotum compression and testicular massage as an alternative therapy which helps in blood circulation and enhances sexual power.If persistent and troublesome you may consult a doctor.Or some body from the forum suggests specific treatment.
I have sent you a note informing you that i saw a posting narrating symptoms like your on testicals.the message says that it is the vericose veins. I think you should consult a doctor. To make soubly sure i am postint this another message.I think it is imoortant.
I will be consulting a doctor in a month and a half, I'm not going to pay for socialist medicare! I have done research on your thoughts and I think you are right, as far as I can tell this is my problem. The only issue is that my vein problem is on the bottom, not on the top. Maybe that just means it is a thousand times worse? Who knows, I am just trying to keep a level head about it at the moment. I will be making some dietary adjustments and be doing a few other things to help treat the problem. I will keep you guys posted on what happens! Thanks for the help Dalubaba, most appreciated man.

Not sure how you got on with this. I have EXACTLY the same symptoms as you. A very small lump at the bottom of the testicle which comes and goes as it pleases! Sometimes I can feel a lesser lump in my other testicle in the same area.

Obviously you need to check with your doctor however my findings were as follows:

The lump was not cancerous and it was not actually on the testicle (which is where the cancer would be). The ultrasound did not show anything untoward or any veins which may have expanded. The consultant said it was almost certainly the epididymis which had become inflamed (Epididymitis). He advised that the lump should settle but can take 2 or 3 months after the inflamation (inflammation) has cleared.

My doctor also said that this condition can be caused by urine infections which can be treated with a course of antibiotics.

I hope this helps.
Any updates from anybody?  

I too have found a lump on the top of my right testicle.  I've noticed it goes up and down throughout the day, it seems to mostly swell when I am straining my stomach or lifting/reaching excessively.  I can sit on the couch with my right leg up and within 15 minutes the lump shrinks to barely anything.  

I've been to my Dr, he diagnosed me with epididymitus and prescribed antibiotics, and also referred me to a urologist.  Which I haven't seen yet because I live in the USA and do not have health insurance, and am also scared out of my mind.  I plan on making the appointment tomorrow, because I just cant take the wondering and discomfort anymore.  Has anyone else been down this road?
i too have this problem.. on my left testicle i notice an extremly small lump that sometimes i feel it and other times i dont. it is close to the bottom on the epdydismis and i was getting a little freaked out... now i have also noticed that i do have a variocele on the same testicle.. i was wondering if it had anything to do with this
A related discussion, small lump on bottom of left testical was started.