Aa
A
A
Close
enlarged prostate treatment
My urologist wants me to take Rapaflo and Avodart for enlarged prostate for six weeks before I have a microwave procedure to reduce the size of my prostate. He says the procedure will be more effective from taking these medications.
My questions are:
Will the side effects from Avodart stop after I discontinue the medication? And do you think it is really necessary to take the Avodart before the procedure?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
How are you? Medication side effect usually resolve after discontinuation of the  drug and elimination from the body. Avodart or dutasteride  is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate. It helps improve urinary flow and may also reduce the need for prostate surgery later on( ref: http://www.drugs.com/avodart.html). It is best that you discuss this with your doctor for proper evaluation. Your doctor  may perform tests also prior to intake to make sure you do not have other conditions that would prevent you from safely using this medine.  Take care and best regards.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
18 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
21 hrs ago
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle
Start Tracking Now
Top Men's Health Answerers
139792 tn?1447663565
Blank
Indore, India
1622896 tn?1448199822
Blank
Somewhere ?, United Kingdom