Men's Health Community
i think my son may have a problem with puberty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

hello everyone my son hit puberty when he was 13 and a half. he grew some hair on his groin area and his butt and his voice changed. all this happened from 13 and a half till he was 15. from 15 to 16 he got taller and he gained some weight and his penis grew a little bit but not much. thing is my son is 16 years old and he doesnt have any hair under his armpits yet and very little hair on his legs, he might have like a piece or two of hair under his armpits but not much at all. i mean hes 16 shouldnt he be done going through puberty. his testes and penis are not fully grown. he is able to ejaculate. how big are fully grown testes i heard that 2 and half inches in lenght and 1 inch in width are average. iv seen many boys younger than him that are practically finished with puberty and hes still going through puberty. how many years does it take for a boy to go through puberty. so far my son has been going through it from 13 and a half and hes 16 right now and hes still not finished is this normal. do you think my son might have some kind of problem with puberty.is it normal to be going through puberty at 16 still.
Gee, do you think this might be Kevin?  Nah.  

Right...
Dear 'Kevin's mom,'

I read in your son's post that he wants to start dating, and that every girl will most likely expect sex. Tell your son that sex isn't everything in a relationship, especially at his age. If all the girls he knows expect sex, then he needs to find some new female friends that aren't skanks.

Kevin, make an apppointment with your doctor. If there is a problem with the rate you're going thru puberty, I believe they can give you hormones to speed it up. Chances are, you're perfectly normal, but just impatient. A family friend of mine actually made it into adulthood without going thru puberty. I don't know what kind of medication he was given (again, I'm assuming hormones), but it did the trick.
Your son is doing just fine.  It is wonderful that he shares his problem with you and that you listen and don't put him down for it.  This is a sensitive subject. Please read my posts to him.  Your son isn't "behind" and will "catch up" with others in time.  Boys and men physically mature at their own rate. Since he is having emotional problems with this matter, visiting the doctor alone may be a good idea so they can talk "man to man" about sex, hormones, and body hair.  He needs assurance more than anything, that he is "normal" for his age.  Keep up the good work, both of you.
Jeez, other people have commented to you. Go to a doctor and tell him your concerns. If they are valid, then the doctor can help you. We can't vibe any testosterone to you over the net- see a doctor.
Everyone is different.  I didn't get pubic hair until I was 14. First wet dream when I was 16. No facial hair untill nearly 20.  At 14 I remember boys in gym class with more hair down there than I had on my head.  Yes it was intimidating, but everyone developes at their own rate.  Penises can continue to grow into your 20's.  Some guys reach there peak at 15 some at 25.  So don't worry.  But you can see a doctor to make sure theres no hormonal or glandular issues.

And some girls can be late bloomers too.  Just go after the girls that show interest in you for who you are....not what you've got down there.
remember everyone is different IN EVERY WAY.  Some men are tiny. some are not.  Not all men are hairy........for instance in my family the men have like 2 hairs on there chests!  We all develope at different times.............relax
Look I'm 44 years old. I was slow to mature and the only place I'm hairy is my head and groin. Legs chest pits and even facial never developed like my friends. Big Deal! I have a 14 year old son that is hairier than me. So what. Treat women with love, respect and kindess and they will never notice the hair deal. As for size, when I was a young man and dating (a lot) I never hadf complaints (about 6") What a dull world this would be if everyone was alike.,