Men's Health Community
white stuff out of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

white stuff out of mouth

I have recently strated to have this hard white/yellow stuff cough up out of my throat or from the back of my mouth. It smells really weird and only happens occasionaly, but it gives you bad breath. I have been smoking for about 7 years and this has started  probably in the las 2 months or so.
I have acouple of other friends that have described the same thing happening to them....
any idea what these smelly lumps are?
Basement Jack,
I too am a smoker. I think we sometimes get a bulidup in the back of our throat from the nicatine. I don't believe it is something to worry about though. However, gargle with mouthwash twice a day, maybe some warm salt water too.

Did yo uread my question about my husband's request? He wants me with another woman! What is your view on this?
By reading your posts, I think your obsessing that something is wrong w/you.  Almost like your looking for it.  I really think you should talk to someone especially for the anxiety.  I'm wondering if you have some sort of OCD that won't go away w/out proper treatment.  :)
you might have a candida yeast build-up in your system.
i know your saying "candy bread dough what ?"  but if you
eat alot of breads and sugars, or have taken antibiotics often,
that might be it.  it does wierd stuff like the smelly flem (phlegm) !         l.e.

p.s. look up CANDIDA YEAST and you'll see what i'm talking about.  i went on a candida cleanse(it was hard )but after, i
felt much better and had less bad breath and flem (phlegm) in my throat.
It sounds like thrush! Our patients get it all the time!
what is thrush, aren't those the bad guys from "man from uncle"
(oops, that sure dates me)

whats the cure for thrush ?             l.e.
gross, smelly, small, white noodle looking thing is a very good description! It probably is due to the fact i smoke and eat bread for breakfast lunch and dinner.
I doubt very much i have OCD. OCD. OCD. OCD. No harm in asking questions dude. I found the medhelp site on the net and it provides good insight into my own health as well as other interesting issues to read and learn.

Like Barbies for example! Bit of a tough one i say, but i did post a reply :)
Oral thrush is a disorder caused by infection of the mouth with the fungus (yeast) Candida albicans. A lot of our cancer patients get it because their PH balance is "off". Usually only antibiotics are the only thing you can take to cure thrush!
i here antibiotics actually promote candida, is that a wierd
nasty cycle or what ?       l.e.
Cheers for the posts O3. Im surprised that so many people have had this. I still have my tonsils in but ive had tonsilitis like 3 times and every time i've wanted them out, the doctor has told me im better off to keep them in there.

I apologise in advance for aking too many questions followed by this full stop.
Do i have to see a doctor about this issue?
What does the Candida diet involve leif E?
How do you know if your PH balance is off?
What is an ENT?
What other foods, apart from bread, contain alot of yeast/starch?

thanks for the help everyone.
hey, candida clense comes in many forms, ask your local healthfood store !  sugar is a candida lover, or should i say
candida loves sugar. i used to have (still do sometimes) a sweet
tooth, then i found out why. the candida makes you crave it (or so i understand) and i loved bread too,(bread is yeast) so there
was a strong candida presence in me. your body has a natural
amount of candida, and it's not harmfull in small amounts. diet
is the main culprit here, our american diet ! the cleansing
is tough, you need to take either "probiotics" or "candi- destroyers" (as they are called) and change what you eat.
candida makes you unhealthy. even though you can't get all the candida out (you need some) you can limit the amount.      l.e.

p.s. ph is tested (the easy way) with litmus strips that you can
buy at the drug store (i.e. happy harry's or wallgreens or cvs...) you test your urin with them, there cheap.  
watermellon and lemon are great for getting your ph BALANCED.
Dude, cant thank you enough. That is a huge help.
appreciate it heaps
i am not a smoker but these white/yellowish stuff comout of my mouth usually in the throat should i be that worried and this might sound funny but it regulary happens after fried chicken seriously does anybody knws what it is