Aa
A
A
Close
2 month headache + ringing in the ears
For the last 2 months I've experienced severe headache pain on the left side of my head, but ONLY when I move my head (either up/down or side/side).  Also, I have experienced an intermittent (several hours a day) roaring/ringing sound in my ears, accompanied with mild dizziness.  

The headache is 24/7, and not alleviated by ibuprofen or aspirin.  Whenever I mildly shake my head, the pain is there.  Dull, pressure pain.  And then with the ears, it's like a loud, dull roaring sound.  The dizziness is not acute, but present.  

I have an appointment w/ the Dr, but what do these symptoms suggest?  I did have Thyroid cancer in 2006, w/ a total thyroidectomy and RAI treatment.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi....the pain meds u r taking may be causing the ringing....many NSAIDS and other pain meds do have this side effect.

Let ur Dr know all meds u take including the OTC pain meds and about the ringing, they will do testing to see if it is an inner ear issue.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The meds I've been taking are just standard ibuprofen and acetaminophen, and I've only taken them sparingly -- a few times a week.  I did see my Dr today and he's ordered an MRI for this afternoon.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank