Daily Headaches
I am 25 years old. I have had a headache everyday for as long as I can remember. Normally, I would rate the pain level at about 3 or 4. But, about twice a week, they turn into migraines and would rank them at about a 7 or 8. Once a month, I have a migraine that is so severe, that I would rank it a 10 and I become nauseas. I had a CT take about 5 years ago, along with an X-Ray and everything came back normal. The doctor told me that I just had chronic daily headaches. But, I knew that going in.

I am in the midst of waiting for my health insurance to become effective. I really want this to be fixed. It is really affecting my quality of life at this point. Please...any advice helps.
Do you take pain medication everytime you have a headache (even small headaches)?

I used to do this constantly until I realized I was having headaches almost everyday. I apparently caused a nasty cycle of withdrawal headaches where I caused the headache and then had to treat the pain.

All I did was take advil or tylenol, etc. on a near daily basis (which you would think is harmless by the ads on tv), but it truly did end up causing me to have daily headaches.

Try weaning yourself off of any pain medication and then only treat it when your symptoms are severe (which may be difficult, but will be worth it). You should also talk to your doctor to see if you could possibly be experiencing migraines as well.

My doctor ended up prescribing me a migraine pain medication which I only take when it is a true migraine and between a 6-10 in pain. I have completely stopped taking over the counter pain medications and the chronic daily headaches are gone.
I have also experienced daily headaches in my life.  For a while it was made worse by the pain med rebound effect but wasnt solved by stopping.  There are meds out there that could help with prevention such as amitriptyline and other antidepressants.  I am taking a blood pressure med called diltazem and it works for me but there are several others.  Unfortuneately you might need to give several meds a try before finding the one for you.  But in the end it is so worth it.
How are you? Rebound headaches can  be caused by taking daily pain relievers. That is why prescription medications may help. A recent ct scan may also help.  If these are not effective, complimentary and alternative medicine may also help. Biofeedback, acupuncture  and self-hypnosis have been proven to be effective. Take care and Merry Christmas!