Migraines & Headaches Community
Daughter seeing sparkles and dots complains headache occasionally
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Daughter seeing sparkles and dots complains headache occasionally

This morning when my 7-year old daughter was lying in bed with me, I saw her holding her baby doll above her head. When I asked her what she was doing, she told me that she did not want the sparkles to get to her doll. I asked her what sparkles? She started telling me that there were so many colorful sparkles and dots like a bunch of them grouping together above her. When she asked me if I could see them, I got worried because last night I saw her sitting up in the middle of the night opening and closing her hands. I realized now she was trying to grab the sparkles. So I asked her to write down and draw what she saw. When I asked her when did all this happen, I was surprised to find out that it started when she was 3 or 4 after she had a fall from her bike riding. I had no idea at all! I did noticed that she kept complaining she has a headache since a couple of years ago. So we took her to an optician and found out that she needed to wear glasses. I am wondering if I need to take her to an opthalmologist or a neurologist.