Migraines & Headaches Community
MRI Results

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

MRI Results

What does this mean?
what does this mean on MRI no flow related signal seen in the posterior transverse sinus with no flow related within the inferior transverse sinus,sigmoid sinus jugular bulb, and visualized upper internal jugular vein
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Any test result should be correlated with the clinical symptoms. It is important to know your medical history for correct interpretation of your MRI results. In magnetic resonance angiography a technique called flow-related enhancement like 2D and 3D time-of-flight sequences is used where most of the signal on an image is due to blood that recently moved into that plane. In your report it says there is no such flow seen in posterior transverse sinus and no flow noted in other areas of brain as mentioned above. Write to me again with your symptoms so that I can correlate these findings. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and luck!
my daughter is 14 and she sometimes complains of headaches and recently has been complaining of her vision at school but they tested it and  said her vision is normal. the reason we got the MRI becuase she passed out or had a sezuire and urinated on me. they checked her out and said everything was ok she probably was dydrated. not sure what is going on with her all I know is something is not right. complains of headaches,blurried vision and dizziness.
my daughter is 14 and she sometimes complains of headaches and recently has been complaining of her vision at school but they tested it and  said her vision is normal. the reason we got the MRI because she passed out or had a seizure and urinated on me. they checked her out and said everything was ok she probably was dydrated. not sure what is going on with her all I know is something is not right. complains of headaches,blurred vision and dizziness.