Migraines & Headaches Community
Sharp dull head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Sharp dull head pain

WAS WONDERING WHAT CAUSES DULL SHARP PAIN..MOSTLY ON THE LEFT SIDE BUT IT SOMETIMES BE ALL OVER..IT'S NOT EXCRUCIATING..IT'S ANNOYING.  I DON'T HAVE ANY MAJOR ISSUES..I AM ABLE TO SLEEP COMFORTABLY AND DO MY REGULAR ACTIVITIES..JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THJS IS NOT TOO SERIOUS...THANKS IN ADVANCE
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Dull, non-throbbing pain in the head is usually associated with tension headache. The degree of pain is usually constant and  may be associated with tightness of scalp or neck. This may be caused by stress and may be managed with rest, ice pack and pain medications. Stress management is also important. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your response.  The feeling hasn't gone anywhere and its not painful at all.  Now, it feels like my nerves or something is moving on the inside of my head..like from the front(above the brow) the side(like near the temple) at the top and back of the head. I get this feeling like something is pulling or something like a burning sensation.  I'm also feeling the nerves(twitching) at my arms, lower part of my legs(near the ankles) lips..and sometimes eyes.

My lower back, neck, and shoulders are a little sore too.  I had went to the doctor like 2 mths ago and said that I didn't needed a ct scan because my symptoms were not signs of anything serious. She checked my pupils, balance, blood pressure..and all that was good.  No feeling of vomitting and the pain was less than moderate.  But I just want to know what causes these feelings all over the body and head.  Thank you in advance.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thanks for the update. It is good that you saw your doctor and was cleared for this. However, if you still feel the burning sensation and nerve issues, you may also benefit from a complete neurological examination by your neurologist to rule out neurological issues as well. Do you have history of recent physical activity? The sore muscles may respond well to muscle relaxants or anti-inflammatory medications too.
The pain in the head first started when I was sitting at my cpu one night..the burning sensation back then was more extreme than it is right now because I had to run cold water at one point on my head.  At times it had woke me out of my sleep..the burning was that intense with an intense stabbing with something real sharp.  

But now, the pain is less moderate with less burning sensation and less stabbing feeling. Does brain tumors act in such manner?

Other than that I had no recent activity..I sit here at times playing a video game or texting something from this phone that I'm writing you from right now.

Please just by you reading this do you think it's serious?  Like right now its not bothering me much..ill rate the pain a 1 or 2 at least.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
With tumor headache, the pain usually worsens and there are other associated symptoms like projectile vomiting, visual disturbances, speech or personality changes; problems with equilibrium, gait, or coordination and even seizures. In your case, if it has resolved somewhat, this may not be serious. However, if it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor. Take care always.